Just-In-Time Sewer Hose

rxbristol

I ordered a new slinky (Valterra Dominator) when I noticed I had a pin hole leak in the old sewer hose (RhinoFLEX) a couple of days ago. I've had this hose for two years out in the Texas sun. It arrived today and when I removed the old hose it literally fell apart. Talk about just-in-time ordering.

0804161933a.jpg 0804161933b.jpg

mlpeloquin

A friend of mine set the sheep blue sewer hose on his rig in the sun. Not a year old. Well it made yours look repairable. 90% of his was wire and a few strings of blue plastic!

Mattman

Do sewer hoses have an UV rating? Plastic only breaks down in sun light. Different electrical conductors have UV ratings. As do plastic lined conduits. So you gotta make sure if you use it out side it's rated for it. Sewer hose fall into the same comparison. One moves electrons, the other moves .........

Bones

I have a spare sewer hose in the basement as a just in case moment when I either brake a hose or it degrades too bad on me.

rxbristol

I have a spare sewer hose in the basement as a just in case moment when I either brake a hose or it degrades too bad on me.

I know what you mean, but I've procrastinated and my other hose has a pinhole leak also.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
So far, my RhinoFlex hose has made it through almost four Michigan summer seasons, outside the whole time. For backup, I do have a SewerSolutions set that I could use.

rxbristol

Michigan? Isn't that close to the arctic circle? Sun rides really low in the sky on your long summer days. :cool:

chiefneon

Howdy!

I carry a 3" hose but only us it to dump at dump stations. I have a Sewer Solution hose that I use fulltime for the last 17 years and it's still good and working fine. Purchased another one a not long ago because our new Toy Hauler has two 3" dumps.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon