Just ordered a 2015 Landmark Savannah

namgrunt51

After researching floor plans, quality, warranties, and owners comments on the forums we have decided to go with Heartland. Now the 8 to 10 week wait!!! In the mean time I am trying to get some info about mounting a Winegard TRAV'LER SK-SWM3 DIRECTV Slimline on the roof. I'm not sure if I want to tackle it myself or have it done. I've seen some great posts but am unable to see the photos and attachments until I make a couple posts myself. I look forward to seeing what other folks have done and picking your brains a bit for info. Thanks in advance........

jimtoo

Hi namgrunt51,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Yep.. now the hard part,,, WAITING!!! ... but you can spend time looking for things to change to make it your rv, getting ideas from our other members of things to do.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

I am moving this over to a better area for help with the dish install.

jbeletti

Congrats on the Savannah order. We love ours! We have the dish on our roof. Ask your questions.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

namgrunt51

Hi namgrunt51,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Yep.. now the hard part,,, WAITING!!! ... but you can spend time looking for things to change to make it your rv, getting ideas from our other members of things to do.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

I am moving this over to a better area for help with the dish install.

Thanks Jim M, Although the wait will be tough, hopefully by the time it's here I'll know how everything works inside and out! Thanks again.....Keith

namgrunt51

Hi Jim, Don't know if you saw it but I emailed you earlier in the week after stumbling on to your blog while looking for pix of the chocolate brown paint scheme. I also subscribed to your blog. Like all the add on's you've done to your coach and plan to do some myself. I'll hit you up with some specific questions on the dish later. I've watched some of the videos of the owners group rallies and feel like I already know you....lol Anyway, thanks for the reply and enjoy the rest of this holiday weekend.....Keith

jbeletti

Hi Keith,

I searched my mail for one from you and can't find anything. Click my username to the left of here and select Send Email. I'd be happy to answer any questions for you that I can.

Lots of us here have the Winegard Travl'er dish on the roof. Good stuff.

Donhutch1800

Keith I just finished my install of our travler satelite dish.It really isn't very hard to do_Only trouble I had was finding all the cables and where to mount dish on roof which hearthland sent me a drawing showing where the roof is reinforced for it.Also got some good advice from Jim which helped a lot.

Donhutch1800

No I didn't use the mounting plate.You don't really need it.The roof has extra support for the dish.I drilled one 3/4 inch hole and that's all you need.

MrRvGypsy

Congratulation on ordering your Savannah. My DW and I can't stop telling each other how much we are enjoying our 2104 Savannah. Don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have.
We toured the factory last Thursday and actually met Tom Montague who is the product manager while on the tour. I was quite impressed with the build process and got some questions answered about my unit as a result of the tour

namgrunt51

Will & Tami, Thanks very much! We are super excited and just trying to get the last details down with our order. That had to be really nice to see the factory and how things are done. All the best.......