Key Largo stupid lighting questions...

dglatta

Hi all,

Kathi and I are the proud parents of a new 2013 Key Largo. We love it so far but have a couple of lighting issues we can't quite figure out. We're hoping the forum gurus can help.

1. The KL has lights on both ends of the pass through storage under the unit. I have seen them both work. Right now, they don't. Is there a switch somewhere that I'm not seeing other than the switch on the light itself?

2. There is an amber understep light at the outside entrance that I think I have seen lit, but cannot find a switch for it in the unit. Any ideas?

This is a great 5th wheel and we are really happy with our purchase.

Thanks!
Dave

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
1. The KL has lights on both ends of the pass through storage under the unit. I have seen them both work. Right now, they don't. Is there a switch somewhere that I'm not seeing other than the switch on the light itself?

Not sure as I have a 2011 KL, but there should be a 12 switch in the basement area. Maybe by the Leveling system control.

2. There is an amber understep light at the outside entrance that I think I have seen lit, but cannot find a switch for it in the unit. Any ideas?

There should be a switch on the lower step going upstairs. With in arms reach from the ground out side.

Hope this helps.

danemayer

Hi dglatta,

Some newer rigs use a remote for the under step light.

My basement lights have slider type switches. If you have the same and both are out, check the fuse box to see if any LEDs are lit indicating a blown fuse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

dglatta

Well, we have had partial success. There is a toggle switch next to the LevelUp system that must be turned on for the "basement" lights to operate. We still have not found a switch for the under step entrance light. There is not a switch that we can locate within arms reach from the ground outside. Other ideas?

Thanks,
Dave

dglatta

Hi dglatta,

Some newer rigs use a remote for the under step light.

My basement lights have slider type switches. If you have the same and both are out, check the fuse box to see if any LEDs are lit indicating a blown fuse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Unbelievable! Thanks to your reply, danemeyer, we can now turn on the step light but, apparently, only with the remote! It may be the only function for which we will use the remote!

Thanks for your help!
Dave

jbeletti

Dave and Kathi,

Congrats on the new KL! Wow, your second Key Largo. I like how you roll!

The forum comes to the rescue - glad you got it all figured out.

Couple of other items for you to consider:
1. Keep the remote in your truck and use it to raise/lower the front jacks to aid in hitching - saves getting in/out to do it.
2. Consider relocating a couple of light switches to outside the switch cabinet to the cabinet end panel. I have a double there for the LR and KIT lights. Michael (2psnapod) added 2 double switches to his (LR/KIT/PENDANTS/PORCH).
3. There is a wooden board with receiver (for the remote) and relays (to control the remote items) attached to it, behind the switch panel. It should be pretty easy to remove the step light from the relay and add a switch to it. If you end up doing any switch relocation, you might be able to reuse one in the switch panel for the step light. That said, I never use my step light as I have a motion light above my door. Nice mod. Get the black Starlights motion light and the Revolution 400 LED bulb.

Have fun!

Jim

dglatta

Thanks for the suggestions Jim. I agree that the motion detector light is a great mod and we had installed it on our previous 5er, our much beloved 2011 Augusta (not Key Largo! :))

Thanks again,
Dave

jbeletti

Oops. I took it from your current rig notation to the left of your post. You probably didn't update the year on the new rig in your forum profile.

GOTTOYS

Hmmmm...it's looking like I might need to brush up on my wiring in preparation for my next visit with the Lattas..LOL. Glad you are happy with the new rig! Can't wait to see it in person. We should be rolling into Ingram for a day or two bout the end of Feb. See ya'll then Don and Kath

dglatta

I'll have my "Donny Do" list waiting for you. I'm sure Kathy will have given you your tool trailer for Christmas by then!

GOTTOYS

Hmmmm..Tool Trailer, what a great idea! If it was big enough I could reclaim a major portion of my garage. Maybe enough to park my truck inside..Now you're talkin..Don