Keyless Entry Problems

Does anyone know how to repair the combination door deadbolt lock on 2011 Bighorn ? I have changed out the battery in the key pad. Any help would be appreciated. I hate research projects.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
One thing you can do is check to see if you have 12 volts going to the lock mechanism.
There are two tabs on the door jamb. Use your meter to see if there is 12+ volts there.

You might also try to reprogram the keypad to the receiver.
Instructions can be found HERE. (In the Heartland Owners Manuals) found in Tools at the top of the page.

I had the Southco Keyless Entry that worked great for 2 years in our BH.
Then when it quit I just bought the RVLock and now enjoy a remote keyfob.

Yeah, I hate research projects as well, but sometimes it's what we gotta do.
Oh, I created a new thread for your post.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

Does anyone know how to repair the combination door deadbolt lock on 2011 Bighorn ? I have changed out the battery in the key pad. Any help would be appreciated. I hate research projects.

Hi Scorpio1948,

I assume you mean the keypad no longer operates the lock.

It's possible that the keypad enrollment with the receiver was lost. You can try to re-enroll. Here's a link to the Southco Keyless Entry Enrolling document.

The receiver is located in the door, at the base of the window. You have to remove the window frame (careful not to let the glass fall out) and wiggle the receiver up to get to the access window for the switch. It's not too difficult, but of course, if either the receiver or keypad has failed, it'll turn out to be a waste of time.

Many of us have switched to RVLock which is a direct replacement for the entire lock assembly including deadbolt and handle. If uses an auto type of Fob instead of a keypad. They offered a special deal for members of the Heartland Owners Club a few months ago.

brianharrison

If your keypad is the old style without the access screws on the back (ie you had to pry it apart) it may not seal properly and will quit working soon after. Southco sent me a new keypad for my 2011 vintage non-screw pad. I enrolled the keypad following the instructions above and it is still working today.

I have the Southco contact info at home; PM me if you want me to track it down and send it to you.

Brian