Keyless entry

We are having a problem with the keyless entry. We did get our code programed (at least I think it is) in the keypad, but there is absolutely no reaction from the lock. I tried the original setting, no response, now with the new code there is still no response to the lock or unlock command--no sound or movement from the lock at all. The keypad lights works as the instructions say they should it is just no response from the lock. I don't know if this is related but our door is also very stiff to shut, almost like it is in a bind and we have the coach leveled.

Thanks for your help.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Mmcadams195, I moved you post from ATF into the General Discussion area. I think you will get good information here about your keyless entry.
Now, I as well as others here have has keyless entry keypad problems. So here is what I suggest you do.
First be certain that you have changed your code correctly. Then look to see if if the two little contacts are good at the lower door edge and jamb. Check for 12 volts across the contacts on the door jamb. Those contact supply the power for the lockset in the door.
If you are satisfied that you have followed the procedure correctly, they give Southco a call and speak to Mike Faye. He is the Guru. Mike Faye 303-561-4900.
My keypad quit working all together. I made the call and Mike sent a new one out to me with a return envelope for the old one. New one works great.
My entry door seems stiff also but after looking it over I think it is just the rubber gasket. I don't think it will be a problem. If yours continues to be a problem call your dealer and maybe they can make an adjustment.
Let us know what the final out come is.

Peace
Dave

Willym

If you have 12 volts the door contacts, but no response from the lock, then the in-line fuse may be bad. Unfortunately this is located inside the door, and you have to take off the inner window trim to access it. I've seen my dealer do this, and in one case he had to ease the window out some to get at the wiring.

As for the stiff operation, check that the mortise for the deadbolt (in the door jam) has been properly cleaned out. I had to chisel some wood out of mine to allow for the deadbolt to slide in and out freely.

Thanks everyone. It looks like the bottom point is not making contact. It will not come out of the door, almost as if the spring is missing. We do, however, have entry lights when the door is open and we do have 12 volts coming to the plate inside the door. I will contact Southco in the morning. Sure do appreciate your help.