King to Queen Bed/Yeti Package.

'Lil Guy'

If you find a rig you like and it comes with the King bed, can it be changed to a queen and how much trouble would it be? This could help without having to special order a BH. Also, Is the Yeti pkg just heaters on the tanks? Is it an option I would need? Thanks in advance.

buddyboy

Responding only to the Yeti package and whether you should consider having it. We had thought we'd not be in cold temperatures again - no lower than 60 degrees was our climate of choice after retirement. Then came the winter of 2014 when we found ourselves in the midst of sub-freezing temperatures in Pensacola, Mobile, New Orleans, and southern Texas. We found ourselves not only having our sons purchasing and sending warm jackets to us, but ever so thankful that we had opted for the Yeti package and purchased a heated hose. We'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Just my 2¢ worth.

Martha

MTPockets

The Yeti also has an extra insulation blanket in the belly and the caps, which help in the summer also.

danemayer

If you find a rig you like and it comes with the King bed, can it be changed to a queen and how much trouble would it be? This could help without having to special order a BH. Also, Is the Yeti pkg just heaters on the tanks? Is it an option I would need? Thanks in advance.

Hi Frank,

YETI includes heating pads on all holding tanks, plus heat tape on the fresh water feed line from the tank to the water pump (in the portion in the underbelly), along with radiant insulation in front and rear caps.

If you put your rig in storage between Labor Day and Memorial Day, you may never turn on the YETI features. But if you ever get into sub-freezing temps, you'll appreciate them.

We went to the N. Texas springtime rally in Santo a couple of years ago. High temps were supposed to be in the 70s with lows around 45. Never got above 50 and several nights went into the mid 20s. I had to winterize the ice maker water feed line and turn on the tank heaters.

'Lil Guy'

Thanks for the replies. I searched this forum after my post and read a little about the Yeti system. I wasn't aware of the radiant insulation in the caps though. Thanks again for the replies.

sengli

A couple of rigs we were interested in that were on dealers lots, they were very eager to swap the king, bed for the queen that we preferred. Al they really end up doing is cutting down the plywood under the mattress. Now if there are side tables involved, with the down sized queen bed... that might be an issue they could remedy for you or not?

Teri_B

We are wanting to ask this same question sengli. Seems that there is absolutely no room to walk around the sides of the king bed in the Newport and the little nightstands/table things they attached to the slideout are really flimsy. Would like to see more room on the side of the bed and better nightstands. Can the Newport be ordered with a queen mattress and better nightstands installed? Would also like to see the outlets on the wall instead of on the bed base where its hard to reach.

danemayer

We are wanting to ask this same question sengli. Seems that there is absolutely no room to walk around the sides of the king bed in the Newport and the little nightstands/table things they attached to the slideout are really flimsy. Would like to see more room on the side of the bed and better nightstands. Can the Newport be ordered with a queen mattress and better nightstands installed? Would also like to see the outlets on the wall instead of on the bed base where its hard to reach.

Hi Teri-B,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

The HeartlandRVs.com website shows the Newport as coming with the Queen bed standard. The King is an upgrade. Changing to a different nightstand, or moving outlets around might be a question best put directly to sales. You can call Heartland at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Identify yourself as a prospective customer and ask for the Landmark 365 sales team.

jbeletti

YETI includes heating pads on all holding tanks, plus heat tape on the fresh water feed line from the tank to the water pump (in the portion in the underbelly), along with radiant insulation in front and rear caps.

The radiant barrier is also placed in the slide room floors under the carpet pad.

justafordguy

I just cut down the King Bed platform last night in our Gateway and installed a much, much nicer Queen size memory foam mattress. It makes it much easier to get around the bed for sure.

Hunter11

The radiant barrier is also placed in the slide room floors under the carpet pad.

Our slide rooms have no carpet padding or radiant barrier and we have the yeti package. We have another round of warranty work coming up so I guess this is another item to bring to their attention.

Teri_B

Thank you Dan, we will do that!

Hi Teri-B,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

The HeartlandRVs.com website shows the Newport as coming with the Queen bed standard. The King is an upgrade. Changing to a different nightstand, or moving outlets around might be a question best put directly to sales. You can call Heartland at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Identify yourself as a prospective customer and ask for the Landmark 365 sales team.

dbbls59

Several of us on this forum have cut the king bed frame down to a queen,myself included. Do a search and you should find detailed instructions.

GnR

TeriB

Let us know what you find out because my wife is nearly insistent on a king bed. I think a queen bed would allow sooooo much more walking room...and nightstands.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
We are getting ready to do this now. From chatting with Heartland it is a matter of cutting down the plywood base, taking a picture of the counter top on the dresser, sending that pic to Heartland, and they build night stands for us.

justafordguy

We are getting ready to do this now. From chatting with Heartland it is a matter of cutting down the plywood base, taking a picture of the counter top on the dresser, sending that pic to Heartland, and they build night stands for us.

Let us know how it works out. We are loving the extra room with the queen bed but it would be nice to have matching nightstands/shelfs.

TxCowboy

Just to speak to the question about bed size, we have the king bed with night stands in our Key West. While we enjoy the bed size, the bed is pressing hard against the night stands which means making the bed is a little difficult.

We actually discussed downsizing to the queen size but thought we'd give it a try. The kings sleeps pretty well so, aside from having to buy new bedding and pillows, we are enjoying the king mattress.