Kitchen Flooring Installed

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ray:
After looking at your pictures a little closer... I'm wondering if you undercut your cabinets and such to allow for the gap that the Pergo floating floor requires... If not, I'd be worried that your Pergo will buckle when it heats up due to expansion.

Just something to check! It looks great!
LK
THANKS! Actually no! There is about a 2-1/2" toe kick under the cabinets. I ran the laminate to about 1/4" from the toe kick. I just finished the trim today and used 1/4 round under the cabinets and along the wall and stairs. I also siliconed the entire length under the cabinets and around the door jamb to block spills and rain near the door:eek:. Also with such a small area there will be minimal expansion. The directions said leave 1/4" unless it's a large area, then leave a 1/2".

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
Ray, that looks really nice, good job. DW and I are looking at that flooring for our stick house.../Doug

linuxkidd

I'd say you'll be fine Ray... Sounds like you left enough room for expansion.

I'd be hesitant for anyone to run it all the way against cabinets and walls, etc.. The RV will almost definitely see a greater flux in temperature than a normal house, so the expansion / contraction will probably be more severe.

Again, great job... I'm very eager to hear out the slide does when you bring it over the Pergo. Not thinking you'll have any problems.. but always a bit tense being the guinea pig.. :)

Thanks,
LK

jimtoo

We had and 06 3055 and installed high quality (30 year warranty) laminate in it. The flooring was about 3/8" thick, plus the pad. The flooring did not show any marks where the slide roller or slide made any contact when closing and opening. It did made a slight mark on the furnace grill that is in the middle of the kitchen area. But these were hardly noticeable. I traded for an 08 model 3055 and installed a less expensive (only 20 year warranty) grade of laminate that I found at Sutherland Lumber here in Texas. This laminate was only about 1/4" thick plus the pad. Looks just as good, feels just as good, and care is the same. The slide does not touch in any place and does not make mark on furnace grill. On the 08 model I did need to square up the corner of the carpet near the living room area, original design was rounded corner, which was not a problem. We are really happy with the laminate and, to us, it adds that finished look to a nice unit.