Kitchen slide 2012 elkridge

Joe-N

Hello , has anyone had an issue with their kitchen slide not wanting to go out ? Mine went in ok but when we got to where we were going nothing , I had the wife push the slide button in while I went out to watch and I could see that something was banging around above the insulation between the frame. Is there a manual crank I can use to get this slide out ? Thank you .

Joe-N

OK i got under the unit and opened up the inspection hatch under where I saw something hitting the bottom , I discovered the motor there lying on the insulation . I noticed the notch in the end of the motor and put it back up in place on the end of the shaft. While holding the motor I got the wife to flick on the slide out switch quickly , just an on then right off again just to see if I could hold the motor in place while it spun the slide out . I could so out the slide went with me holding onto the motor. Then i started inspecting the motor and found a place for a bolt to go and thread into the collar of the shaft to hold it in place, but no bolt. So i started feeling around up inside and guess what i found , a bolt but it couldnt of been in the motor because it was rusted and un marked from maybe working its way out. I tried it to see if it would fit anyway and guess what it fit perfectly,, it left me wondering how long that motor hung on up there running the slide in and out with no bolt in it lol. oh well the bolt is back in now working great again , easy fix.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the update.
That information may help someone in the future.

Peace
Dave