Landmark 365 - Ashland

Kbvols

I agree with 2ps the windows look awkward . Me personally I would do away with the one window center the bed and have 2 smaller night stands on each side.

T

TomMontague

I agree with centering the bed - actually a really good idea. I can't change before open house but I'll look at it.

Thx.

Tom

Rcnewell11

I like the ashland floor plan only due to big bedroom and split bath .i like a lot of room.i need to know if u could add window for me when I order unit of course extra cost for me or does dealer need to do this and can it be done by them .i didn't know if there is any wiring in that area or structure problems with doing this.i also wonder if it could be done above bed and maybe lowering headboards little bit .maybe dealer needs to do this also.thanks rob

kdubinwa

I also am very interested in adding Mor-ryde IS to a new 2015 Landmark 36'-38' model. You might want to consider having Mor-ryde provide bundled upgrade pricing for both disk brakes and IS. Doesn't make sense to get disc brakes as an option from Heartland and then run over to Mor-ryde and have the axle assemblies replaced.

I'm pulling the trigger right after the first of the year on a new 5ver. Please let us know what sort of arrangement can be worked out with Mor-ryde.

Thanks,
Kurt

If we can't work a deal then I don't know who could. We have an excellent relationship with Mor-ryde and I will get to work on this starting tomorrow.

Thanks
tom

MTPockets

I agree with centering the bed - actually a really good idea. I can't change before open house but I'll look at it.

Thx.

Tom
It appears that centering the bed would reduce the space between corner of bed and sink counter top. That space on that side of the bed to me, is more desirable.

T

TomMontague

Agree - exactly why it's something we would just have to look at. Everything in an RV can't be exactly where we want it or where it might make the most sense. There are sacrifices every day because of drain pipes, electrical requirements, slide clearance and about 500 other things that I can't think of right now but exist - not to mention codes.

Adding a foot here - deleting a foot sounds easy and can be drawn easy but the actual engineering of it is another thing entirely.

We will do our best to design floor plans that work for every day living for the majority of the people. If you don't see a floor plan or length you like yet - I ask you to give us some time - it's coming.

Remember our goals with LM365.

Permanent site or extended stay folks

On the Go - see what North America has to offer folks

Work campers - on the go, in and out of smaller sites, maybe still working or working on remote job sites.

Our LM365 goal is to eventually have models that start around 34' and go all the way up to 43'. We just so happened to start at the bigger end of the scale.

Talk soon.

Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
It appears that centering the bed would reduce the space between corner of bed and sink counter top. That space on that side of the bed to me, is more desirable.

I agree. Please don't center the bed. Room is needed to dress in the bedroom and the current space is wonderful.

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
Hi rob - thanks for asking about a window in the kitchen behind the stove. It's not a bad idea except for the fact they are typically hard to clean, regulations mandate we can only put a cheap metal blind on them and therefore the cons typically out weigh the pros. What would you think about trying to do floor plans with large stair cases headed up to the bedroom and going a large window going up the stairs?

Just trying to think of ways to satisfy your needs without having to sacrifice one of the nicest backsplashes and most durable and easy cleaning backsplashes in the industry.

Talk soon.

Tom

I'm for the backsplash. You are absolutely correct about the metal blinds. Have them now and rarely open them because I always turn the light on when using the counter to prepare food, etc. They ARE difficult to clean and I would much rather have the backsplash and bring in outside light somewhere else.

here4now

...Our LM365 goal is to eventually have models that start around 34' and go all the way up to 43'. We just so happened to start at the bigger end of the scale.

Talk soon.

Tom

In the meantime, can existing floorplans like the Grand Canyon and Key Largo still be ordered to the old design? If so, how long do you expect customers will be able to do that?

T

TomMontague

Great Question - The older floor plans cannot be ordered, and will not exist in their current form in the 365 lineup. However - there are several in dealer stock across the country and we would be more than happy helping you locate a particular model with standards and options close too if not exactly what you are looking for. Hope this helps.

Tom

here4now

Thanks much. We're not quite ready to pull the trigger, but we'll look for existing stock when the time comes a little while from now. Otherwise, we'll see what the new floorplans look like

BTW, as a prospective buyer, it's very reassuring to know Heartland managers take such an interest in their product they personally answer questions on a holiday weekend.

JBDB

Will a floor plan similar to the San Antonio be offered in the 365 line up. We like the U shaped galley with the overhead cabinets

Rcnewell11

I have question on ashland about power management system that I have or power shedding .what does that mean and when does that come in handy 30 or 50 amp hookup maybe.I wonder is this handy when u have a lot of stuff running that some stuff like ac units and misc. stuff start at different times during usage.thanks rob

jbeletti

Re: Landmark 365 - Placement of Water Heater and Furnace

Rob,

You understand the Power Management System correctly. It is designed to automatically shed non-critical loads based on how much power is available to the coach (20, 30 or 50 amps).

Think of it as a power juggler. One that switches power circuits on and off as needed.

What I do not know if what loads we give priority to and what loads are deemed non-critical. I will try to find this out. In the mean time, once you get your unit, keep a note of when a load is shed (turns off) and what demand you put on the system to make the other load be shed.

When I get my next demo in late February, I too will take note of how it all works. This is new to LM365, so it's new to all of us.

T

TomMontague

Re: Landmark 365 - Placement of Water Heater and Furnace

The power management system is really slick. It's the same one they use in Tiffin motor homes - it's very high quality and works very well. There is a monitor panel located with all the other switches like slides and lights. You can actually scroll through the shed load. The first is the water heater I think, I really can't remember what the next loads are but I can find out tomorrow. It also tells you how much power is coming into the unit. I will try and post some specific information on the forum tomorrow.

Have a great evening.

Tom

T

TomMontague

Precision Circuits Inc

System:
The Power Control System (PCS) consists of two major components: 1.PCS Central Monitor Panel &
2. PCS Panelboard for 50amp service.
The Panelboard may optionally have a subpanel built in.
a. The Panelboard also houses the PCS Control Module, and has two current sensors

Power Control System Central Monitor Panel
Load Status
Water Heater OFF11A Refrigerator ON 7A Block Heater OFF12A

Central Monitor Panel
Overview:
The Power Control System (PCS) Panelboard distributes all the 120VAC power throughout the RV, whether it comes from Shore Power, Generator, or the Inverter. The PCS Control monitors the incoming power, and manages the power to reduce Circuit Breaker tripping. It does this by momentarily shedding power to the loads under its control when the owner turns on other more critical appliances in the RV. PCS restores power when the owner controlled appliance is turned off. The PCS Central Monitor Panel displays the status of Incoming Power, and the Controlled Loads.
When coupled with a Magnum Inverter, PCS reduces Battery Charge Rate prior to shedding any loads. Working together, an Inverter Assist feature is available. Normally the Inverter is at rest when Shore Power is available. PCS utilizes the Inverter and the Coach Battery Bank to smooth out Peak Load Demands. In other words the Inverter will temporarily provide power to some of the appliances, prior to shedding any loads.
Features:
l Monitor and Manage total RV current to avoid nuisance circuit breaker tripping. l Manage power no matter what the source:
50-amp Service, Generator, 30-amp Service, 20-amp Service.
l Manage battery charging during high peak demands.
l Provide Inverter-Assit, additional power from battery bank to smooth high peak demands. l Shed non-critical loads during high peak loads.
l Remote Panel displays Service Type, Load Status, and RV Current & Voltage.
l Generator Soft Start
DANGER: 120/240VAC present inside Panelboard posing potential
lethal electrical shock. This equipment should only SUPPLY BEFORE WORKING INSIDE. be serviced by a qualified Service Technician.
HAZARD OF ELECTRICAL SHOCK OR BURN. TURN OFF POWER
700 South Road Lisle, IL 60532 www.PrecisionCircuitsInc.com 630-240-9832

Inverter Assist Feature:
PCS works with the MAGNUM Energy Inverter/Charger to bring the RV industry a revolutionary new concept. In the past, energy management systems operated when 120VAC was available and inverters operated when 120VAC was not available from either shore power or generator.
The Power Control System brings these two worlds together.
First PCS will communicate with the Magnum Inverter/Charger and reduce Battery Charge Rate during periods of RV high current demands.
While plugged into shore power, or when the generator is running, the PCS will allow the RV to have more power than available on the shore power or generator, for short periods of time. When the PCS senses that 120VAC power has reached its maximum current, the PCS communicates to the MAGNUM inverter requesting additional power be generated from the battery. If more demands are put on the RV with additional appliances, or with the RV batteries are low, the PCS will shed non-critical loads and avoid nuisance tripping of circuit breakers.
Generator Soft Start:
When the Generator is first turned on, PCS will shed all the controlled loads. The loads are sequenced back on. This is done to allow the generator to come up with minimum load, and to reduce the current the Transfer Switch must handle. Note: PCS applies the same 2 minute delay to turning loads on is when Power Management Load Shedding occurs.
RV Data Parameters:
The RV manufacturer has full flexibility to set up the RV Data Parameters through a Windows Program and Program Dongle. The following parameters are downloaded into each PCS system.
Load Names, Load Shed Order, Load-Relay Association, Generator Size, Inverter Information.
These parameters can not be set or changed by the dealer or owner. Each RV Data Set has a unique 18- character Reference ID, where the first digits are the manufacturer's code, the last digits are the revision date, and the remaining middle characters have some model designation.
RV Data Synchronization:
The RV Data Parameters are stored in both the PCS Central Monitor Panel and the PCS Control. Should dealer or field replacement of either
unit become necessary, a blank unit can be installed and the RV Data will be synchronized or transferred from remaining Unit. During Power-Up the Monitor
and Controller check their RV Data and one of four screens can appear.
1. Everything is Synchronized and the Monitor Version, Controller Version, and Ref 2 ID are displayed.
2. RV Data is transferred from Controller to Monitor
3. RV Data is being transferred from Monitor to Controller
4. RV DATA in Monitor and Controller is different and the PCS System can not continue. This can happen for example if a Monitor from one RV is installed in a different model RV.
If for any reason the Controller stops to function, no problem with the Limp Home Feature, all Controlled Loads will continue to operate. Care will have to be used not to turn on too many appliances, overload the system, and trip breakers.
Monitor -->> Controller Upload
Controller -->> Monitor Upload
! RV Data Mismatch ! Ctl v3.06 Mon v3.07 C-FRCHARLESTON052107 M-FW42&45STNRD022207
700 South Road Lisle, IL 60532 www.PrecisionCircuitsInc.com 630-240-9832
PrecisionCircuits Monitor Vers. 3.07 Control Vers. 3.06
FW42&45STNRD022207

T

TomMontague

Go to precisioncircuits.com and you can check out the owners manuals.

I tried to to post it but it clearly didn't work. Sorry.

Thanks.

tom