Landmark 365 Slide Topper Awnings

I wanted ask any of the Landmark owners if they are having problems with their slideout awnings? And if there is a solution.

I have a 2015 Ashland. My table theater seating (right) and the TV kitchen slide-out (left) have very long awnings.

I am getting a fair bit of water collecting in the centre. I can see that the awning rollers much tighter in the centre that the ends are currently when looking from back end.

Has any one have had the same problem? It rains a lot here at times here in British Columbia.

Best Regards
Shawn

TikiDawg

Re: Landmark 365 awnings

Shawn,
We have a 2016 Key West. We have the same issue in heavy rain. In high winds, you get a free shower going out the door. We don't have a solution yet.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ksucats

I'm going to assume you mean when the awnings are rolled up. I got a surprise just the noon - went to hook up our Key West and got a shower from water being held in the rolled up awning that is over the door side slide. What is really amazing is that we have not had rain in over two weeks and the temperatures have been in the mid to high 90s for most of that period, over 100 (reading 105 right now) the last few days. Never had that issue with the coach we traded but it also did not have the metal guard wraps around the awning(s).

sengli

We have the same issue with the large super slide on our big horn. Its the only slide that collects water and holds it, as the topper is so large. I was told by the dealer to install a small blow up beach ball in the center of the slides roof.... under the topper before it rains, and that will keep the water from filling the low sagging area that forms. I am sure it would work, but seemed like a cheesy fix. Man when that topper is full of water it is pulled hard against the slide in the center under all that weight.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I think your talking about the slide toppers.
I have installed 1 of the Dometic cradle kits and it has solved 99% of the problem. I have one done and still have to make a spacer kit for my big kitchen slide. I have Carefree slide toppers and trying to use Dometic cradles.
I'll see if I can find the post on my thread and attach it here.
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?p=480541

This definitely made a big difference and I need to make some 1/2" step-outs for the big slide cradle asap

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

oldelmer1

I have installed 1 of the Dometic cradle kits and it has solved 99% of the problem. I have one done and still have to make a spacer kit for my big kitchen slide. I have Carefree slide toppers and trying to use Dometic cradles.

This definitely made a big difference and I need to make some 1/2" step-outs for the big slide cradle asap

Jerrod, do you think the cradle really helped?

Lou_and_Bette

On the "low tech" side, I have seen people use inflatable things like beach balls connected to a cord and pulled to the center of the awning to provide a high point to facilitate drainage.

ksucats

I have seen everything from inflatable beach balls to pool / insulation noodles being used. On the other side of the coin I've seen several people use the long straps (with the small little 'winches') to pull the awnings down lower. In most cases this was for the the problem with the awning slapping in the wind - with the wind howling as it often does in Albuquerque just inside the canyon, it sure makes those things flap. Other than bringing the slides in you have to do something to hold them down. But, that is a different topic :rolleyes:

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Jerrod, do you think the cradle really helped?

YES most definitely. I would say 98% effective. There was still a very small puddle but it would blow off or just evaporate. Before I installed the cradle I would get a small lake up there.
The one I put on, I installed it perfectly level. You could probably go a tad bit higher in the center to get it to drain better.

Thanks Jerrod

So just to confirm that that the one that is circled in red on post #802 is the one that you have a picture of on #801.

And that you ordered another one circled in black as the one that works better?

Along with a step out block, which one worked better the 1/2 inch or the 3/4 inch?

Shawn

Last edited:

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I,ll find the picture asap
Domedic step out blocks we're the wrong thing. They were to step-out the topper mounting brackets NOT the cradle so it would make the problem worse.
If you have Domedic toppers you shouldn't need the spacers. If you have Carefree toppers like I do you'll possibly need it on the big kitchen slide. Carefree makes a different mounting bracket that mounts closer to the slide "I think" I'm going to get a set and see what the difference is before I mount my Cradle.

Also you only need the lower cradle you don't need the one with the upper roller on it.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
The toppers also have a tension adjustment to make them firmer or looser when extended. When we first got ours they were adjusted too lose and would puddle water in the middle. Since the dealer tightened them we have not had a problem. We also have the center support in the middle of our large topper (the same as Jerod posted) and love it, but it seems like that is more to keep the awning topper tube from bending or drooping more than anything.

Rod