Landmark - Generator Prewired Question

rcfraser

Considering installing an Onan 5500LP in our Landmark that is already prewired. Trying to decide if I bit the bullet in the cost difference and go with the 6500LP but wondering if the prewiring will be compatible with the larger unit?

Looking forward to some experienced feedback.
Thanks.

danemayer

Hi rcfraser,

We just had this same discussion a few days ago with another LM 365 owner. You could install the 6500 and the wiring will support it. But the Power Control System is programmed such that when it senses the generator supplying power, it limits power usage to 5500 watts. Given that, it's hard to say you'd get any benefit from the 6500 vs the 5500.

If you get the 5500, get the model that has two 30-amp circuit breakers on the generator.

rcfraser

Hi rcfraser,

We just had this same discussion a few days ago with another LM 365 owner. You could install the 6500 and the wiring will support it. But the Power Control System is programmed such that when it senses the generator supplying power, it limits power usage to 5500 watts. Given that, it's hard to say you'd get any benefit from the 6500 vs the 5500.

If you get the 5500, get the model that has two 30-amp circuit breakers on the generator.

Thanks Dan, appreciate the point on the Power Control System. That makes my decision to go with the 5500 much easier!

carl.swoyer

Go to the 6500. My 5500lp does fine but.... I had to replace the 20amp breaker to a 30 amp. So now I have two thirty amp breakers. It handles the 2012 Landmark Rushmore but occasionally I will have to reset a breaker.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk