Larry the headhunter is getting operated on

rarnold

Keep up the good recovery Larry. I'm sure that nurse Debbie is being put through her paces ! That should justify a new TV and rig real soon. If you come up this way (Sacramento) to Oregon in June, I'd love to meet this Superman and buy him (and Lois Lane) lunch! We're looking to buy our first fiver, so maybe I can pick your brain.
Until then, do as others have said and take it slow and easy. Baby steps before you can run, dude. That's amazing that your surgeon gave you his home phone & cell. What a great comfort to you. Slow & steady away from the painkillers.
Stay positive and strong. Debbie..... KUDOs to you and all you've done.
We'll see you on the road soon!
Rod

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired
Larry
There isnt a day that goes by that I don't think of you and Debbie.
I hope that you are continuing to heal and that you dont over due anything. I know that there are good days and not so great days but it all leads to a complete healing.
Our prayers continue..

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Hi everyone,
My surgeon has told me that I am recovering incredibly fast, and the latest xrays show the cadaver bone placed thru my stomach in my spine is still solid and in place. 43 days post surgery and I'm walking every day, and hardly spending much time in bed. Next week my DW Debbi will begin cutting back pain pills. Yes, I'm still hurting, but the dream is still alive. I hope to begin physical therapy in one month, and back driving in two. I truly believe all your prayers are working, and I plan next year to camp with every Heartlander that invited me all across North America. I know I sound euphoric, but I feel better than I have in 2 years, and I can only get better. Thanks again everyone, you are all awesome friends. Let's just hope I continue to improve. God bless!

YaShouldaGotaDiesel

You will continue to improve, don't doubt that for a minute. If I didn't say this before your welcome to camp by my family anytime. Get will sooner.

bill40

Great News, when we make that next trip to Simi Valley we will give you a call. Again great news keep pushing. Bill

GETnBYE

This is the forum post we have all been praying and waiting for. It is exciting to see that you are doing so well. I can hear everyone cheering loudly! You are about to cross the finish line of a very long marathon. Keep on going, you are about to see the cheering crowd waiting for you as you run thru the tape at the finish line!!!
Nita

wyleyrabbit

Larry,

The physio will be hard work, and it might hurt some too. Keep your mind focussed on the end result, and you'll be back to normal in no time!

Wishing you a successful recovery.

Cheers,
Chris

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Great news Larry! PT will hurt but you can make it and it will all be worth it.
Kristy and Mark

rarnold

Glad to hear the great news, Larry. Keep strong, keep focused and keep positive. Baby steps lead to a great journey.

reverts

That is great news Larry, tell Debbi to hang in there and we will keep you both in our prayers.

Rich & Robin

Larryheadhunter

Hi everyone,
In 2 days I will be 2 months post-surgery, and it's been an extremely tough time for me, but now I understand why I was told it will take 6 months to a year to know if I will heal completely. Last report I was feeling so euphoric, I was ready to walk a mile, lol. I will be starting physical therapy in 2 weeks if my surgeon gives me the OK April 13th.

I was hoping to surprise visit some of our Heartland friends at the So Cal Spring Rally in Anaheim on Saturday, but its questionable if I can handle the 45 minute drive to the campground. Hopefully, my sweet DW Debbi will allow us to to see those new Big Horns Giant RV will be showing off. I'm trying to convince her that will help my mindset on the road to recovery, but how I feel on Saturday will be the decider.

Anyway, I'm having both good days and bad, but my family say I'm doing better than I was after my previous spinal surgeries, but for me these are the dog days. Thanks everyone for all your support, I lean on all of you Heartlanders as well as family and friends.

Peace out till next weeks report, after I visit Dr. Watkins. Keep up all your prayers, I appreciate it.

rick_debbie_gallant

Glad to hear you are doing a little bit better? Debbie and I keep thinking about you. Hang in there and remember God will heal you "in His time", be patient.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Even though patience isn't what you are good at or what you want to hear, that's what it takes. Don't push yourself to sit in a car too long, it will set you back. Don't ask me how I know! Stairs are another challenge.... Be careful and remember we are thinking of you.

billd

Glad you are progressing. Dont push getting around till you do feel better daily, it is not fun to move backwards from surgery.

Larryheadhunter

Hi my Heartland friends,

Just a quick update and some thank yous. Saw my surgeon yesterday in Marina Del Rey 70 days post surgery, and after xrays, he said the cadaver bone was still in place, and since this was my 3rd back surgery, and 2nd double lumbar fusion, to expect a one year recovery. He said the aching in my legs and buzzing on top of my left foot was a sign the nerves were regenerating slowly but surely. My stomach leakage problem is gone, and in 6 weeks I should be able to start physical therapy as the last step to the fusion working and the real beginnings of my recovery. He told me we won't know till a one yr. post Catscan if the bone fusion truly was a success. This is tough, but with my DW Debbi's support, hopefully someday I will be able to RV again.

I want to publicly thank Pete and Deb Fortin for sending me a beautiful ebony bowl, that he personally made for my birthday in February, and Debbie and Duane Clause for their glossy picture of their Ford Truck and get well card. I want to thank all of you for your phone calls, emails, texts, and Facebook positive comments. This Heartland Family and Forum really helped me emotionally throughout the last year and a half of my back operations. It doesn't get any better than this. Now it's up to me to get better. Yea.....!

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Awesome news Larry! We'll wait for you, dont worry. There will always be room at our Rallies for you and Debbi!

YaShouldaGotaDiesel

That's good news Larry. I know of three people that have had similar surgeries in different parts of the U.S. with various results and different outcomes. And with my back problems(degenerative disc), this surgery could possibly be in my future and some others that I know. So I'm watching and listening to learn from your experience with great intensity. So, for me and possibly others in my life, We want to Thank You and Debbie for making this thread and sharing this part of your life.

porthole

Retired
Hey Larry - I know your dreaming of a new Duramax 3500 - but I figured the poster would give you something to really dream for :cool: - then you could settle for the GM :eek:

For those that are wondering, we sent Larry a "get well" 12x18 of the new truck. Something for him to hang on the wall :rolleyes:

Attachments

• F-350_03-17-11_07b.jpg
    F-350_03-17-11_07b.jpg
    524.7 KB · Views: 36