Laundry in bedroom and/or easy access into - out of King size beds?

Miltp920

Any frustrations out there about doing laundry in the bedroom?
We love the Charleston living room, but we have concerns about the laundry in the front bedroom that comes with it. The laundry seems to be most commonly found in the bedroom.
We love the laundry in the front bath of the Newport/Arlington, but it seems that you have to crawl into the King bed from the end as there is very little room on either side of the bed for getting in and out of bed. Our Cyclone has a Queen bed, and we prefer the King we have in our S&B for full time living.
Would love to hear comments from those who deal with both laundry in front bedroom AND those who crawl into the Newport /Arlington with a KING size bed.
I know they all have their plus and minus.
Until Heartland makes the "Charles port", we are torn between the perfect Landmark.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
I can't answer your question on the laundry because Carol does not like having one in the camper. She still prefers going to the laundramat and getting it all done at one time in a couple of hours.

On the King size bed -- We have the queen in our Newport for the very reason you cited. Theres just not enough room left on the sides to get in and out of bed on the king size. Maybe if I was 140 lbs and had a 26" waist, but Santa hasn't looked like that in eons, so the king bed doesn't work for us. We also have a king at home, but have not found a major problem sleeping on the queen in the camper.

mlpeloquin

We have a Big Horn with the washer/dryer in the bedroom. We did our laundry crossing country at laundramats which were a pain. I ordered and installed a Splendid washer and dryer combo with external vent. Could not be happier. We take one third the clothing and start the laundry before dinner. The shirts and pants you don't want to go through the dryer we hang over the bed. With the AC running they are dry in no time. If it is cool out, we hang them in the living room on the cabinet pulls with a fan moving air. They are dry by morning. You can do the sheets and pillow cases and even a single blanket. If you want to do a comforter, the it the laundromat for a bigger washer. Never had to do that on the road though.

One thing about the smaller washer/dryers in the RVs is that you must use wash cycle then shake the laundry out and then put them through the drying cycle. We use plastic washer balls for the wash cycle and then put wool dryer balls in for the drying cycle. Use Costco brand soap pods and always close softener diluted to 1/4 of what is call for. All this helps keep the wrinkles down. When doing shirts take them out immediately when the wash cycle is done, shake them hard, and put them on a hanger to dry. Not many wrinkles that way. The balls help the wash load move with the smaller drums found in RV washers and the wool dryer balls do the same in the dryer cycle. Would not want to be without the washer/dryer after doing the laundromat thing for three months crossing country. Not fun wasting a day here and there doing laundry when we want to go do things.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Our combo is in the bedroom closet, also, and we use it while at the CG. I smooth and tightly fold my t-shirts and eliminate most of the wrinkles. Anything else, a touch up with a steam iron takes care of. I made a PVC hanging rod to span the angle shower stall for the wife to hang her stuff to finish drying. Stores in the space between the shower and lavatory sink when not needed.
I don't fret over a few wrinkles. The fish (when I catch 'em) don't care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk