Leak on new Big Horn 3055RL

lkjcreative

We just bought our Big Horn last week in Mesa, Arizona from a large dealership. The walk through was Friday and the dealer adjusted a leak at the sink and another one related to the frig (water was draining from the underside of the unit and also inside the unit through the vent holes onto the floor, just below the frig). The customer service seemed quite good, however they were just so busy since they had 10 walk-thrus that day because of an RV show the previous weekend. We had to return back home to California the next morning on Saturday. The only technician on duty checked the leak again because it continued to leak outside some. We had stayed overnight in the dealership parking lot with electricity. Both the carpet below the sink and also the frig had gotten soaked. It was still leaking out from the underbelly a bit, but he had no time to do an extensive check. For the 3 days driving home, every time we turned on the water pump it sounded like a waterfall through the vent just below the refrigerator and would drain out underneath the belly of the unit. The same thing happened when we turned on the city water at the campsites. For the most part, we kept the pump off and only turned it on as needed and used gas for the water heater. We had been told not to use the electric water heater because if it ran out of water, the element would burn up.

We will be taking our unit in for repair of the leak asap to their local dealer in Davis. Just waiting for slide out covers to arrive at the local dealer for installation.

Love the new unit, other than the leak problem. The carpets dried fortunately. Just not sure about the source of the leak. We observed that there was some water leakage in the storage area below, but for the most part it just leaked out the bottom.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Does your unit have the icemaker?? On a good note, if a water leak is good, if it is leaking that much, it should not be hard to find.

lkjcreative

Yes, there is an icemaker. On Friday that was 1 of the 2 leaks they fixed. Ross said that this is from one of the main lines under the coach.

Ross and Linda

Bob&Patty

Is the fresh water tank full? Might be from the FW tank vent hose. Maybe a loose clamp. Its sad that dealers do not pressurize the water system to see if there any leaks before a customer gets their coach delivered.

lkjcreative

I am taking it into the dealer near here and have them fix it. They did have the pump on at the dealer and there was a leak which the tech said it was just over zealous powersprayer. Since there were two other leaks that they did fix I am suspecting that the person doing the plumbing at the factory had a bad day.

ultrafarmer

I use my electric water heater all the time. What they said is a bunch of bull. You cant run out of water unless you drain your water heater, any way I have not had any trouble with that.

Bob&Patty

Having the water pump on and not hooked to city water pressure is not the samething. City water pressure is alot higher and it uses different water lines to run things.