LED lights in awnings

NCskibum

If I forget to leave these on will they burn out over time, any one have issues, my last crossroads TT lights failed within a year!

remoandiris

I had 3 LEDs burn out in my garage awning. Not the entire strip 3 times, just 3 LEDs in the center of the strip. Was replaced under warranty and guess what? The new strip burned out at the same spot the first time I turned them on.

Quality components going into a quality product. Yay.

happykraut

Just had mine replaced under warranty on a 2014 Bighorn. Some of the LED's were dim others were bright.

MCTalley

Looking back in our blog, I see that I installed a Dometic LED light strip under our awning on April 30, 2013 (13 months now). It has become our go-to 'porch light'. We leave it on hours at a time, sometimes a day or two, and have noticed no ill effects.

On the other hand this is not the same light strip used by HL on the OEM units, so it's not really a valid comparison. In general, though, LED light strips should be able to be left on for long periods of time without ill effect.

jeffdee

We were out camping this weekend. I checked my led light strips on the two awnings on my 2014 3110. Each led light strip had 2 individual led lights burned out in different locations. 4 dead leds in less than a year. I will be calling the dealer tomorrow.