Lets talk hitches

Cconrocks

The hitch is made to fit hide a ball in bed or they also make a rail mount. I would think it would fit the picture frame mounts since it says fits standard rail mounts. I would call Andersen to verify this though they have been very helpful when I have contacted them.

The hitch has three height adjustments: 16-3/8" lower position, 17-7/16" middle position and 18-5/8" upper position

Last edited by a moderator:

Dennyha

I have the curt 20K unit, new to me since I recently got a new RAM truck. Works great for me.

Do you have a 6-1/2' bed, or the long bed? If it's the short bed, any issues with coming close to the cab on sharp corners?

Bones

John,
Here you go. My hitch is roughly 17.25 inches. It is not locked into the truck so that measurement could be a little off and I have auto level so My truck sits at trailer height when I am hooked up and does not squatt.

IMG_20160224_175229.jpgIMG_20160224_175248.jpgIMG_20160224_175253.jpgIMG_20160224_175259.jpgIMG_20160224_180118.jpgIMG_20160224_180246.jpg

Happy Campers

That is a great looking hitch but I need to check to see about the 17.25 inches.We are going to the lake tomorrow so that will give me a chance to do some measuring and write everything down this time.I'm not in a big hurry for a hitch but I can almost hear Ruidoso calling my name. LoL

Aandaar

In reference to the Andersen Ultimate 5th wheel hitch. What size ball is used for the gooseneck, 2 5/16th or something else? I was looking at the Gooseneck MOPAR kit will that work?

Dean-Pam

Last month I upgraded to Chev 3500 DRW from GMC 2500. Though the new truck has an 8 foot bed, I was going to move the PullRite Superslide to the new truck, but it doesn't have any vertical adjustment and set approximately 2 inches to low in the bed of the truck. After reading some of the reviews, I went with the B&W Companion since it has some vertical adjustment. I hope to have it installed in the next couple of weeks when my son is home on leave (US Marine) to give me a hand. I hope I like the Companion as much as I liked the PullRite.

AAdams

We have the TS3 w/ 2" spacer. Have had it in a '14 RAM 3500 Laramie DRW and now in a '16 Ford 3500 DRW. No problem with clearance in either vehicle. Ride is much improved over our old Draw-tite 18k that we had in our old '07 GMC DRW. All trucks were/are 4x4, Crew Cab and 8' beds, the Ford and RAM both had the PUC system and used a Reese adapter. If you invest in a TS3 and order the spacer and adapter at the same time it will come all assembled on a pallet. Then you pick it up from the freight company and they load it with a fork lift. Not a hitch that you can remove from your truck by yourself without a winch. This is the only negative thing I can say about this hitch though.

Happy Campers

Back from the lake but I didn't do any more measuring.I hadn't really noticed how unlevel the ground is for and aft and the front of the RV is a lot closer to the ground and that's why I can't back my truck under it.I did measure 48" from ground to white disk on 5th wheel but i'm thinking it should be 51-52" maybe a little more.My truck bed is roughly 39" from the ground and I move my pin box up to the top holes I should be good with the B@W Companion with the lowest setting of 17".