Lifting with Level Up

camr

Shhhhh! Don't tell Lippert. They'll put an LCI sticker on it, it will cost twice as much, and last half as long.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Unhooked from truck. Brought nose down to about level. Lowered all rear jacks to touch the ground. Used the left and right button to step up each side. Works like a charm.

I think I'm going to like this system!!

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 352

Bones

Unhooked from truck. Brought nose down to about level. Lowered all rear jacks to touch the ground. Used the left and right button to step up each side. Works like a charm.

I think I'm going to like this system!!

I'm jealous. :cool:

TxCowboy

Guys, I just got this on my new Key West. Do you guys unload the tires like that normally?

I'd love the stability it provides being off the ground but how much strain does it put on the hydraulic system to have it that way for months at a time? I'll be in an RV park for an extended period so that's why I'm asking.

Bones

Guys, I just got this on my new Key West. Do you guys unload the tires like that normally?

I'd love the stability it provides being off the ground but how much strain does it put on the hydraulic system to have it that way for months at a time? I'll be in an RV park for an extended period so that's why I'm asking.
I would say none. Think of it this way. Your trailer's front jacks are extended holding the weight of the RV for the life of the RV and they are only retracted during travel

TxCowboy

I would say none. Think of it this way. Your trailer's front jacks are extended holding the weight of the RV for the life of the RV and they are only retracted during travel

Bones, that is exactly what I was thinking but it always helps to ask those that have used the system for awhile. My intent is to barely have the wheels touching the ground so that there's less bounce as DW and I are moving around.

I also assume that I can get rid of the kingpin stabilizer at this point? :)

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Just let the auto level do its job. You'll get good stability that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bellpr

does this auto level up system eliminate the side to side motion that can be experienced in an RV, or just level it?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Keep in mind you will not be totally motionless with the level up. On the home on the slab will be motionless. But the level up eliminates 90 percent.

MCTalley

I wouldn't say you are totally motionless. We are currently at a park where our site slopes upward from front to back. This puts the front jacks at nearly full extension (I didn't notice the site slope or I would have put some levelers under the front jacks to reduce their stroke). I can easily push on the outside front of our trailer and make it rock side to side. That is primarily due to the amount of extension of the jacks (the middle ones are fairly well extended, too).