Lippert/ Mor Ryde IS

Firerad1

I didn't realize Heartland didn't balance them. I don't know that Mor Ryde balance them either, although they did align them. Sounds like I have another stop to make before I get to Texas.

Firerad1

Thanks for the heads-up. I'm pointed south now and I hear southern Texas calling my name. I'll find a shop along my way and have it done.
Thanks,

Wharton

We have a friend who used the Equal in his tires, ended up with slow leaks. The Equal got into the valve stem. Don't know how the Dynabeads work.

porthole

Retired
We have a friend who used the Equal in his tires, ended up with slow leaks. The Equal got into the valve stem. Don't know how the Dynabeads work.

Then they were not installed properly - or that is not what happened.

Both systems come with different valve stems that eliminate that issue.
And it doesn't make sense. With the proper valve stem caps (metal & gasket) no air would not get past the cap.

I'll stay with lead weights, I don't want to chance screwing up my TTPMS sensors.
6500 miles on mine so far with no issues. Leaks or TPMS sensors.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I've had Equal in my G614's for almost 4 years. I understand they installed "special" valve cores at the same time. I don't know what the difference is though. Every now and then when removing a TST sensor the valve will stick. I just pop it with a tool to clear it out. I really can't tell how well the Equal works but my tires are wearing very well. No issues at all.

porthole

Retired
Ray, the stems have the equivalent of a filter/screen on the inside to keep the product out of the stem.

Wharton

Regarding our friend who had problems. This happened 7 years ago and he never mentioned any special stems being put on. Once he got rid of the Equal the problem went away. Maybe suppling is relatively new to resolve this issue.