Liquid propane generator standard?

Just got off of the phone with a dealer regarding a 3100. When we were talking about a generator he was under the inpression that the standard generator was LP?

Is this true?

I'm my mind this would be a step backwards. Lower energy density combined with reduced availability and convenience of gasoline.

lwmcguir

It is standard due to having two fuel tanks already on the coach. You are right it will drain them quickly if you run many hours.

marvmarcy

If you have a toyhauler, you may have a fueling station for toys, and a gasoline line can run from the tank to generator. If you don't have a toyhauler, and therefore don't have a gasoline tank, you are stuck with LPG. The consolation is that LPG is much cleaner, and you'll likely have fewer problems with the genny. LPG is generally safer than gasoline.

remoandiris

If you have a toyhauler, you may have a fueling station for toys, and a gasoline line can run from the tank to generator. If you don't have a toyhauler, and therefore don't have a gasoline tank, you are stuck with LPG.

This ^^. Considering you are posting on a Cyclone forum, you must be interested in a Cyclone toy hauler. During the PDI, the technician thought the Onan in my CY4000 was LP. I convinced him it was not.

Okay, I got some clairification. The gas generator is standard equipment for 2014 Cyclones, no longer a base prep package with the generator as optional. Apparently the website/brochures need to be updated.

Sorry for the confusion