Living Room Slide crushes carpet

brlr2000

Does anyone have advice on how to adjust the slides to stop the carpet from being crushed when the slide is in? I assume that I should raise both front and back adjustments, but it really didn't seem to make much of a difference. It's also important that the gaskets are making good contact on all sides....when the slides are out...and in. What is the best overall method of adjusting?

1231ChaseB

I had the same thing and bought these hard plastic thing's that are made for RV slide's to role in on and help protect the carpet !
chaseb

Westwind

Where did you get the "Slide Out Slickers"? and what did they cost if you don't mind my asking.

1231ChaseB

I think you could look on Tweety's just to see them ! They come in pair's and i don't remember the cost ! Maybe 25 or 35 dollar's ??
chaseb

brlr2000

Yeah, I guess I'll have to try the Slide Out Stickers. It seems that there is no adjustment to raise the overall height of the slideout as it retracts. The vertical adjustments seem to only change the pitch or angle of the room (to adjust the seals). Is that what the rest of you have found?

brlr2000

For those that may be interested, I just received this email from Lippert. The email states "All slide adjustments should be done with the room 12" from closed. If you are seeing unusual carpet wear, you may want to lower the vertical adjustment. I would do this in 1/2" increments." This is more information than I found in the actual Lippert Manual.

ParkIt

For those that may be interested, I just received this email from Lippert. The email states "All slide adjustments should be done with the room 12" from closed. If you are seeing unusual carpet wear, you may want to lower the vertical adjustment. I would do this in 1/2" increments." This is more information than I found in the actual Lippert Manual.
Very helpful, found after this trip we need to adjust 2 slides but wasn't sure how to support them when doing it.