Looking at a 2015 Landmark Newport. Does anyone know if this is a good unit?

TheWolfes

We are in the process of selling our home and going full time on the road. We are looking at a 2015 Heartland Landmark 365 Newport. We would like some feedback of anyone that owns one.... good or bad

Thanks so much.

danemayer

Hi TheWolfes,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's a great bunch of like-minded people here including quite a few LM 365 owners. I'm sure some of them will jump in to give you feedback on the Newport.

jbeletti

Hi TheWolfes - LM 365 is purpose-designed for full-time living. I have a LM 365 Ashland - we love ours! There's a lot of good. If you have some specific questions, please add them here.

Bad - not much. They are a bit heavier at 18,000 pound GVWR. They might be a bit more costly than other RV's you've looked at. They are man-made and as such, are not perfect.

The really good - a well built, well appointed coach, representing a tremendous value, backed by a company with a decent customer service record.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Very nice unit. We also have the LM365 Ashland and we love it. The floor plan is perfect. If I was going to live in one full time I would live in the Ashland.
3 things didn't like on the Newport
1) And a big one, The bed is in a very narrow space. It would be better with a queen bed, but climbing in and out of the end of the bed is no fun. and making the bed is a choir.
2) The toilet placement is a bit odd
3) the weight
Just my opinion

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
We have a 2015 Newport and absolutely love it!! We chose the office configuration rather than the 1/2 bath. This rig has more storage space than I know what to do with (but with the 18K GVWR I really don't want to try to fill every nook and cranny). Is it perfect, not by a long shot, but it is very well made and Heartland Customer Service is tops in my book for making sure they fix things. As Jim Beletti said, if you have any specific questions, I'll be more than happy to try to answer them.

Slympicins

We are in the process of selling our home and going full time on the road. We are looking at a 2015 Heartland Landmark 365 Newport. We would like some feedback of anyone that owns one.... good or bad

Thanks so much.
We are also in the process of selling our house. Boys are in the service and the house is really too darn big. We also are looking at the LM365 Newport. The DW loves the front bathroom floor plan. If you hear of any pros or cons, let me know. Chuck

jbeletti

We are also in the process of selling our house. Boys are in the service and the house is really too darn big. We also are looking at the LM365 Newport. The DW loves the front bathroom floor plan. If you hear of any pros or cons, let me know. Chuck

Con: It's long!
Pro: It's long!

But seriously, that length gives you a lot of room inside to be a quite comfortable full-time living platform. You can't go wrong with any of the Landmark 365 floor plans for full-time living. Just choose the layout you feel will work best for you. Bear in mind that with any layout, there will be compromises. You just need to first determine what the must-haves and like-to-haves are in a layout and shop from there.

Slympicins

Con: It's long!
Pro: It's long!

But seriously, that length gives you a lot of room inside to be a quite comfortable full-time living platform. You can't go wrong with any of the Landmark 365 floor plans for full-time living. Just choose the layout you feel will work best for you. Bear in mind that with any layout, there will be compromises. You just need to first determine what the must-haves and like-to-haves are in a layout and shop from there.
I hear you. But the DW loves the Newport floor plan and you know what that means right. Personally the Ashland is more my style but...
Looking a few issues with the Newport one being the lack of a cover on the control panel. Seems like an easy fix for me though. One big issue so far is the. GVWR of 18K and the 8000# axles. Seems they could be beefed up a tad. Although the tongue weight supports the remainder of the 2k# I would prefer an axle that can support the GVWR of the coach itself. Again, it's a give a take.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Looking a few issues with the Newport one being the lack of a cover on the control panel. Seems like an easy fix for me though...

Others have mentioned this with the Newport but honestly, at least half those I've spoken to who own the Newport like having a quick well lit view of the switch panel.

Slympicins

Others have mentioned this with the Newport but honestly, at least half those I've spoken to who own the Newport like having a quick well lit view of the switch panel.
Well we hope to be owning one soon so perhaps we can add the pros and cons to this at that time. Thanks for the response. We look forward to being in the Heartland community. And I can't wait till my second retirement. Whew.

jbeletti

...One big issue so far is the. GVWR of 18K and the 8000# axles. Seems they could be beefed up a tad. Although the tongue weight supports the remainder of the 2k# I would prefer an axle that can support the GVWR of the coach itself..

To my knowledge, spring packs are matched up with axle capacities. For example, an 8k axle would generally be matched up with 8k spring packs.

Care should be taken to ensure you don't "over-spring" your coach. Not sure what the next step up from 8k is, but speak to others before you go north of 8k. I don't have axles or leaf springs with the MORryde IS system on my coach, but even the "rubber in compression" IS springs used on my coach are 8k rated. I can "spring up" if desired, but my coach has settled in pretty well with the 8ks. Little movement of anything in the coach during travel now.

Slympicins

Good point. I have been reading about the Mor Ryde Is and disk brakes. Looks like an option to go with as soon as possible. I'm all about a better ride.

jbeletti

Well we hope to be owning one soon so perhaps we can add the pros and cons to this at that time. Thanks for the response. We look forward to being in the Heartland community. And I can't wait till my second retirement. Whew.

I see you live just west of me (I'm in Crossville). I'm guessing you have already stopped by your local Heartland Landmark dealer. They do move a lot of Landmarks and likely have a Newport in stock for you to pour over :)

Slympicins

Have spoken with Butch from rvsforless. He's in Knoxville. He has a lot of shows at our campground.

jbeletti

Good point. I have been reading about the Mor Ryde Is and disk brakes. Looks like an option to go with as soon as possible. I'm all about a better ride.

If you plan to full-time in this coach, IS is a great investment in your home's foundation. If you plan to travel extensively, you can't deny the confidence and additional stopping power of disc brakes. Your local dealer (Knoxville) can coordinate the installation of both items with MORryde, should you go that route.

Slympicins

If you plan to full-time in this coach, IS is a great investment in your home's foundation. If you plan to travel extensively, you can't deny the confidence and additional stopping power of disc brakes. Your local dealer (Knoxville) can coordinate the installation of both items with MORryde, should you go that route.
That's the plan Jay. Rvsforless has about the best prices around.once the house sells it's about six weeks from then. And yes. We plan on traveling to see our kids. Just not a whole lot of good campgrounds in neither Virginia. May have to park and ride a few miles. But grandson is worth the ride.

Kenneths

I have been having my Newport for only a month and a half but so far I love it. I do have the 3 AC units and am glad I do it is money well spent. Other options I had installed are slide toppers, they are nice to have, Washer and dryer, also nice to have, and a dishwasher, wife wanted it but we haven't even tried it out yet.

I would definitely recommend it to others.

We have been living in our 2015 Landmark 365 Newport full-time since May 23[SUP]rd[/SUP]. In that time we have put 2500 miles on the RV and below is what we have found so far.

The Good
· Very livable floorplan
· Outlets everywhere and even USB ports in the dining room and bedroom.
· Wood everywhere which makes it look like one of the really expensive RV’s
· All LED lighting and lots of it. The lights near the floor are really nice for nighttime.
· Kitchen is designed for someone who cooks with plenty of counter space and cabinet space.
· The kitchen sink is fantastic. I really like having the one large bowl. The faucet is also really nice. Plus the sink covers have a cutting board on the backside and they fit in the magazine rack at the end of the island.
· Ability to have a dishwasher. I use mine nearly every day.
· The induction stovetop is one of the best on the market and works wonderfully.
· The entertainment area is well thought out with the large TV and storage behind it.
· MCD shades throughout the RV (These are a must have)
· Office option (This was important to us since my husband still works.)
· Lots of storage in the bedroom
· Very big shower with built in seat and lots of counter space in front bathroom
· Washer and dryer right next to the closet
· Large front closet with plenty of storage
· 3 really good air conditioners on 3 separate inside controls. Even in 100 degree heat, we can cool this RV down to 60 at night. Normally, we keep the front at 73 and the back at 74.
· Power management system
· Inside generator start
· Plenty of outside outlets
· Open outside storage and neatly laid out water/sewer bay.
· Flat roof which gives a consistent ceiling height inside.
· Plenty of outdoor lighting including scare lights
· Nice paint job and not overdone with the swirls
· H rated tires
· Easy access to batteries and propane tanks
· Power cord reel
· Outside black tank flush
· Warranty work has been relatively painless. They allow us to use a mobile repair person which is very handy.

The Bad
· The carrying capacity is way too low for the size and storage. Once you add the washer/dryer, dishwasher, and a 5500 generator you will find that for full-timing it is not enough. We really need approx. 1000lbs more.
· With the washer/dryer and generator, it makes the pin weight high. This is not an issue for our Ram 3500 but could be for some other trucks.
· No MORryde suspension. We would have paid more to have this installed beforehand.
· Something this long should really have 3 axles.
· The panel to access the water filter is awful but people on the forum have been doing modifications for this problem.
· The outside locks are a standard type so the keys are universal.
· The tank level indicators are horrid since they are the ones that are inside the tanks. We do not rely on them.
· The carpet is not very good quality and may need replacing in a year or two. Ours looks worn already particularly on the stairs.
· The furniture quality is very bad and I would suggest replacing it soon after the warranty is over.
· The mattress in the bedroom is also not very good. We put it in storage and bought a king sleep number mattress.
· The way the bed it positioned, it is hard to change the sheets and get out of bed. When we put in the sleep number, this helped since it is lightweight and can be pulled toward the end to change the sheets.
· The ports on the bedroom TV and the outside TV are inaccessible. Putting both on some type of arm or pivot would have been better.
· The bathroom sink is to deep and the faucet to short.
· The shower door tracks need better drainage
· The toilet bowl is shallow and men generally stand up to urinate. If they are taller, this causes a splashing problem.
· Would be nice to have grey tank flushes particularly for the back tank (kitchen tank)

We really do like this RV and think it is a great value for the price. Our biggest caveat is the carrying capacity which for us is not going to work. We knew this when we bought it but needed something fast since our house sold in 2 weeks. The way we live, we need the standard 1000lbs per person (after washer/dryer/generator) and it is just not possible with this unit. Most of the other issues are relatively easy fixes or things that could be lived without.

This is just our opinion and YMMV.