Looking for Heartland booths to replace table

Dreamer7

Hello,

I would like to replace the table in my camper for a booth. I think they are more comfortable and much more cozy looking (if they would fit). Any ideas on where to find these? I have a 2015 32 RLTS so wondered if there may be extras never used with a pattern that would work.

Thanks for any help,
Katy

Last edited by a moderator:

SNOKING

Hello,

I would like to replace the table in my camper for a booth. I think they are more comfortable and much more cozy looking (if they would fit). Any ideas on where to find these? I have a 2015 32 RLTS so wondered if there may be extras never used with a pattern that would work.

Thanks for any help,
Katy

Maybe someone somewhere makes a comfortable one, I have never sat in one that was. My first three trailers and many campers had booths. The last two 5th wheels have been table and chairs. All future ones will be table and chairs. Chris

GOTTOYS

Maybe someone somewhere makes a comfortable one, I have never sat in one that was. My first three trailers and many campers had booths. The last two 5th wheels have been table and chairs. All future ones will be table and chairs. Chris
X2 !! I've taken them out but never put one in. Between the straight up and down backrests and the feeling like you're sitting on the floor, I'll never have another one...

Dreamer7

I know you are right, they aren't very comfortable, but the wooden chairs seem worse to me. I could always replace the cushions on the bench...or maybe I should go sit in one and remember bc I know what you are saying. I was disappointed the first time I sat on them in a Heartland. On the other hand, the ones in my Passport were comfortable. This is something Heartland should improve.

jbeletti

Since you'd be retrofitting one into the space taken up by the table and chairs now, consider have a local craftsperson make one for you. Then you get to choose the seating height, angle of the back, type and thickness of the cushions, fabric color and style etc. Even how to access the storage space below it.

Dreamer7

That's a great idea. Although I think it would be less expensive to buy directly from the factory, if that's possible. I'll look into both, thanks for the idea. Especially since the consensus is that they aren't comfortable to most people (from reading similar, older posts on the topic). Thank you! :)

kkamshop

You might call some local rv dealers - they may have one that was removed to replace with table and chairs. Also since you are in OH, you might call some of the RV surplus businesses in the Elkhart IN area too.

I've done some tweaking to my toy hauler the past couple of years. I've really enjoyed working on my heartland product. I spot quality and good thought out planing whenever I do
to me. My Rv is a blank canvas that I can adapt to my needs. The high quality of the base product pushes me to make sure I don't slack on my mods and I make sure anything I add won't compromise safety or structure

when my wife and I decided on which Rv we where purchasing. We both asked if there where any fixed table or dinette options. There where not. And I made some calls soon after the purchase to find a good used pop up style dinette. They are hard to come by and considering the added expense for reupholstering. It was much simpler to just order a custom dinette seat from villa. There are other brands and stock items if you use "Rv furniture" in search
im doing the install myself. But you could also take the advice of the others and look for an installer and set up an appointment. We ended up with extra room so I'm making some drawers

I hope that helps. It can be done though i found out it wasn't a common request.

My wife likes the extra table space and there's no extra assembly for the table once the slide is out. There's more seat space with the couch. But we like the dinette much better

2010 Ram 3500 HD traded in for new 2015 3500 HD DRW mega cab with 3.42 gears
I haven't hooked up yet, we'll see how it pulls with 17" wheels. (Pulls great !)
2014 Cyclone 3100
G614 Goodyears
Good Sam gps
Trimark keyed alike
Xantex 2000 watt inverter "Inverter Service Center"
Blue Sea System toggle source selector
L.E.D. running lights
Quadra Bigfoot levelers
Dexter wet bolts
Boyo wireless backup camera
EMS-HW50C
TST 507RV
Smittybuilt air compressor
Splendide 2100XC
26k Husky hitch
Mor Ryde pin box
6-volt 240 AH batteries
Added dinette
Replaced L.E.D. tail lights with Leading Edge Trailer light bars (made in the US)

Dreamer7

I love it! The extra space w a dinette is also a nice benefit! I did some searching online but didn't real come up with much. But it was only a brief search. That's a great way to look at the camper, it's a great idea to blend the original with unique ideas that fit the users needs.

I really didnt want want the dinette from the start, but was so excited about the rest and figured somewhere down the road changes could be made. So now, I'm there! Lol. I think a dinette from a pop up might be too large but maybe not! :). I'm thinking the idea of maybe one booth dinette and two folding chairs might be the winner. Originally I wanted to have a table built over a dog cage, like a bar top looking out the window, multifunctional! Not sure that would work but I had forgotten about it until now.

Thanks again for sharing your ideas. :). I'll look into each of them.

Katy

SNOKING

I do not understand your "extra Space" statement. The physical foot print of a booth is equal or larger than a table and four chairs. The booth seats DO provide additional storage space however. As pointed out earlier, most OEM booths have very upright seat backs that are not very conformable. I trip to a RV lot and sitting in several might be in order. Chris

Dreamer7

The extra space I meant would be the under storage area of a potential dinette. I agree, Many dinettes are uncomfortable, but I think this could be fixed with the right cushion. I made a dog bed with 4 inch spongy material from a craft store and it was much more comfortable than most dog beds on the market. Maybe the key is a slanted back to a booth? I just find the wooden chairs I have very stiff and rigid. They have a small seating pad, but I also like the look of dinettes better. It probably takes me back to my grandparents camper. I'm really surprised so many people like wooden chairs. I'd rather sit in a booth any day. Perhaps for now, simply better cushions will help get me through to the next step. :)