Looking forward to seeing America from a different perspective.

shamlind

Hello everyone. My wife and I just purchased our first camper, a Heartland Trail Runner 21SLE. We're looking forward to seeing more of our great nation while feeling at home. I'm certain I can learn, from many of you, the critical Do's and Don'ts of safe and fun rv'ing. I look forward to reading and exploring the forum for great information and insights.

We're from Texas and plan to begin our adventures exploring more of the home state before venturing out and around America. So, my first ask...where are the must see/do camping adventures in Texas?

Regards,

ShamlinD

'Lil Guy'

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new TR TT. Man, with that size rig, you can go anywhere. Lots of great state parks here in the Lone Star State. What part of Texas are you in? We love the Hill Country and everything else. Nice parks up here near Tyler also. Too bad you're not as old as we are so you could get the discount on the nat'l parks and corps of engineers sites. They're are corps of engineer parks at all of the lakes in the state. They are some of the best deals you can find and also some are really nice and spacious. Lake of the pines is a nice spot. You might want to check out the HOC while you're here. That is a privilege allowed only to Heartland owners. By attending a rally or two, you can start to put faces to the names of people you meet here.
Enjoy your new rig and hope to meet you down the road. Later and have a great day.

jimtoo

Hi shamlind,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

BobHinSC

Welcome. I have a 2015 22 ft Heartland North Trail 22 RBK and I love it and I pull it with a 2015 Chevy Silverado 1500 4X4. I travel with my 2 dachshunds and will be living in my TT full time July 2017. My goal it to travel the country, visit family and friends and see the sites. Can't wait to start my adventure. I sent away for the tour guide books for the states I want to travel to and I found a lot of amazing things to see that I never imagined. That would be my suggestion for your travels, send away for the state tour book.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
There is lots to see in Texas, that's for sure! We are late 40s, native Texans, and had never been to the Big Bend region of Texas until last fall. Wow! Mountains! Desert! Amazing! Be sure to get down that way at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk