Loose Screws

gtrnholm

I have noticed on all of the slides some of the screws that hold the plastic trim around the outside of the slide are not touching the plastic and when I tried to tighten some of them they would not tighten, they were stripped. Is it better to leave them alone or should I try and tighten them all. This is a 2011 3650RL.

Here is an update on this issue. I tried to tighten a few screws and found that a few would snug up and others were stripped so they wouldn't tighten. Some the heads fell off. I then started looking closer at all the slides and found a few more that the heads fell off without anyone toching them. I am including some pictures. My unit is about 14 months old and up to this season has been used very little.

Left Rear Slde .jpgBedroom Slide Bottom 1.jpgRight Slde Front.jpg

Last edited:

Marlau

Good morning, I own a 2011 big country 3450 TS and I have the same problem, some of them have broken off. I had them replaced by the dealer. Does anybody know what caused this to happen. I am thinking about getting the wheel balance

jimtoo

Hi Marlau,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Jim M

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
I have noticed on all of the slides some of the screws that hold the plastic trim around the outside of the slide are not touching the plastic.

Its a "senior" moment for me...I am trying to picture the "plastic" trim on the slides of my Big Country. Are we talking about the plastic corner pieces or something else?

Mr_Black

I know this is an older thread but I have this same issue on a brand new unit (Sundance 3100RB). It was delivered that way.

My suspicion is, when they are assembled they are using an electric or air tool with a clutch on it that is set for a little too loose of torque. I have been tightening screws like a mad man. They torque up fine.

jnbhobe

I would much rather be tightening loose screws than trying to fix stripped or broken off screws. I'm glad they have clutches !!

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Over torqued screws could look fine at the factory during inspection but driving down the road the head pops off. The dealer should take a little bit of time inspecting and fixing these issues before being offered for sale. It would make the dealer look like they sold a quality product with less effort having to fix all these before final delivery.