Losing my Prospective Owner Status

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Only problem I have now is finding a local place to store it!

One thing I love about our neighborhood . . . the HOA was disbanded about a year before we bought our house (in 1997) . . .

We can park our trailer beside our house next to our garage!

CamperInYard-IMG_0069.jpg

TX_Clay

We have a "Private" campground that we are members of. So for, $85 / month and annual membership dues. We have a lot that we can build pretty much anything I need for my 5er. I attached a few photos of where we store ours. Some the photos show my old TH in it. I figure it is well worth the monthly and can use it on weekends as well. Plus, it is covered and gets some protection from the Texas summers and winters. Summer time is great. Pools, water volley ball etc.

Attachments

• WP_20130505_001.jpg
    WP_20130505_001.jpg
    652.3 KB · Views: 41
  • WP_20141102_001.jpg
    WP_20141102_001.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 39
  • WP_20140223_007.jpg
    WP_20140223_007.jpg
    603.6 KB · Views: 39

bobca1

One thing I love about our neighborhood . . . the HOA was disbanded about a year before we bought our house (in 1997) . . .

We can park our trailer beside our house next to our garage!

View attachment 34405

Wish I could have got a place with some more land and no HOA but that was not an option in our price range when we moved into the area 2 years ago (from Eastern PA). But don't have the space anyway, had to spend 25% more for 1/2 as much house and 1/10th as much land! But its really good neighborhod and the kids can walk to school.

bobca1

We have a "Private" campground that we are members of. So for, $85 / month and annual membership dues. We have a lot that we can build pretty much anything I need for my 5er. I attached a few photos of where we store ours. Some the photos show my old TH in it. I figure it is well worth the monthly and can use it on weekends as well. Plus, it is covered and gets some protection from the Texas summers and winters. Summer time is great. Pools, water volley ball etc.

Sounds great and you have the space out there in TX! I really underestimated how difficult it would be to find a spot. Last week was frantically calling every storage lot within 25 miles. I had my 20' trailer in a lot 2 miles from my house worked out great could stop by after work, turn on the fridge for the weekend, etc. Now I'm on waiting list with others waiting over 6 months. 8 other RV lots - all fully booked. As a temporary 1-2 mo. solution I even looked into monthly rentals at some RV parks, nope forget it even at $800-1000/mo. all booked up. Enter Craig's list for private parties renting space on their property. Found a spot but I had to wire $100 to Nigeria to get the address ;)