Major change to California Dually (DRW) and HDT truck laws

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex00

Seems like the feds hold that 'we will not give you any federal money" stick over many areas of local government. The lastest is making local Police Department change the color of their cars to Black and White and Sheriff Dept to tan if they want to continue to receive Federal money. What ever happened to local control? Not meant to sound political. Sorry
I wonder if that is for newly ordered cars, or if we have to foot the bill to repaint all of the fleet? That's going to be an interesting question about what color contract city cars are? If the Sheriff is providing LE, in a municipal city, do they need tan cars? I wish the feds would stick to things they are good at, like messing up the economy and making websites that don't work.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
It is my understanding it color change is for newly ordered cars. So that means the fleet will be multi-colored until all of the older ones are replaced. What a mess. Almost seems like we are heading to a national police. That is what the feds want.

wdk450

I was going to post something about the "national police" and the Gestapo, but maybe this thread is edging too much into the political arena.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Jim, remember Herman Short? AFAIR, the last Houston Chief of Police to refuse government funding.

Status
Not open for further replies.