Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Dakota

8amps

Trip report (for anyone who's interested, now or in the future)
Day 1 Elkhart to Mackinaw City (350 miles approx). We stopped en route in Grand Rapids to see the Frank Lloyd Wright house. Loved the house, but not sure I'd do it again if towing. Without rig, for sure.
Day 2-5 Stayed 3 nights in Mackinaw City at the KOA. Convenient location and quiet, nice wooded park. Spent a day on Mackinaw Island (loved!), one day going up to Ste Saint Marie.
Day 6 Drove (with rig) to Munising from Mackinaw City and went to Taquamenon (rhymes with phenomenon) Falls on the way (121 miles direct, add in the falls probably added another 70 miles). Not really "on the way" but shorter than dropping off RV in Munising and driving back without it. Plenty of RV parking at both upper and lower falls. Roads were fine.
Day 7-8 Did the Pictured Rocks boat trip at sunset. Really enjoyed. Stayed at Munising Tourist Park (run by the county). Right on Lake Superior, some road noise, but still loved. Incredible sunsets.
Chose to stay longer in Mackinaw and Munising so ended up just driving through Wisconsin, stopping only for lunch in Ashland. (Do I still get to add that to my map????)
Day 9-10 Towed rig 380 miles to Aitkin, MN to meet up with friends. Just north of Mille Lacs. Had obligatory picture at huge Walleye :) Stayed at local campground right on the Mississippi (more like a creek here, saw mosquitos about yet never got bit, yay for OFF!)
Day 11-12 Long drive to Medora, ND (510 miles). Stayed at the Medora campground. Convenient location to Theodore Roosevelt National Park (just outside the gate). Pull through and quiet, though we came in the dark and missed a turn. (Navigator error) Loved, loved, loved TRNP. Definitely a highlight! Went to the Medora Musical and Steak Fondue (Cowboy fondue?? They deep fry your steak). Both were ok. But I'd have rather sat by the campfire and watched the sunset, to be honest. But enjoyed them nevertheless. Drove the scenic loop, saw wild horses, bison, and beautiful scenery. Took a couple of hours including several stops and short hikes. Loved, loved, loved (!) the Teddy Roosevelt one man show at the Old Town Theater. $10 and the best hour - entertaining, inspiring, definitely recommend!
Day 13 Into Billings (280 miles). Labor Day weekend Saturday. Didn't think Billings would be packed, but it was. Stayed at Billings Trailer Village, convenient and we knew where it was, stayed there last year en route to West Yellowstone Rally. Went downtown to Uberbrew, great beer, great food.
Day 14 Into West Yellowstone (thru Bozeman, approximately 280 miles). Here for 2 weeks+ at the Grizzly Yellowstone in West Yellowstone. Been blessed with seeing Yellowstone in brilliant blue skies and also dressed in snow. Thanks for all the travel tips!

dlw930

You guys have gone a lot of the same places as we did this year. We were in Elkhart, Shipsewana and Valparaiso until July 5, then went to Mackinaw Island via Ludington, MI. We went to Whitefish Pt. and the Great Lakes Shipwreck Museum on a cold, rainy and windy day (appropo, I guess). We'd planned to spend more time in the UP, but had to backtrack to Ohio due to a death in the family. Spent 2 weeks in CO, 1 on the Arkansas River east of Salida, and 1 in Denver before heading to Cody, WY and Yellowstone. After spending a few days in Moab, UT, we've been in SW CO for the past month. Going to Durango via Wolf Creek Pass next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Going to Durango via Wolf Creek Pass next week.

You are going to love Wolf Creek Pass!

We did it twice with our old Dodge Ram and Coachman TT . . . it is a doosie!

Hope you've got the song to play while driving it . . .

dlw930

Not that song. I'd be looking for that phantom tunnel on the way down and the feed store at the bottom. I much prefer Diana Ross' version of Ease on Down the Road!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk