Microwave recall notice

Ladiver

Well, my microwave did not fall into the serial numbers on the recall. I just got my trailer back from a different issue. I have a service call scheduled for next week and wanted to get a video of the failed panel. Guess what happened? Sure enough, the microwave started all on its own. I opened the door, closed it an a few seconds later it started running. I have it all on video and am sending to heartland. I think the Frigidaire recall needs to be expanded.

Curt_Hinson

Is there anyone waiting for the Fridgidare recalls to be completed. I received my notice a long time ago, called Heartland and provided the information requested, but I haven't heard back from them since. My unit sat at home for six months and could have been repaired. I forgot about the recall and was complaining about the unit not working. Sometimes you can set the clock, other times weird stuff comes up, but most of the time nothing happens when the buttons are pressed. My wife told me that at times the unit would come on by itself, but I forgot about it. This morning, I was making coffee and I heard a beep, turned around and the microwave was counting down from 60 seconds. Couldn't turn it off with the buttons, so I opened the door. It is still sitting at 36 seconds. I told my wife about it and she said that she heard it come on in the middle of the night but she just let it run down.

I will call heartland today and find out what is going on. Tired of all of the problems with this hainted rollin' condo.

Curt

Ladiver

Since my unit was not under the specific recall, I called Frigidaire direct and set up a service call. They recommended a tech in the area who came out to me. That is when he decided it was the same problem, but no repair parts were available. Long story short...the tech and Frigidaire opted to do a warranty replacement rather than waiting for the recall parts to be available. I guess I lucked out by not being included in that recall.

My suggestion is to call Frigidaire and deal with them. Cut out the middle man (Heartland) in order to save time.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Is there anyone waiting for the Fridgidare recalls to be completed. I received my notice a long time ago, called Heartland and provided the information requested, but I haven't heard back from them since. My unit sat at home for six months and could have been repaired. I forgot about the recall and was complaining about the unit not working. Sometimes you can set the clock, other times weird stuff comes up, but most of the time nothing happens when the buttons are pressed. My wife told me that at times the unit would come on by itself, but I forgot about it. This morning, I was making coffee and I heard a beep, turned around and the microwave was counting down from 60 seconds. Couldn't turn it off with the buttons, so I opened the door. It is still sitting at 36 seconds. I told my wife about it and she said that she heard it come on in the middle of the night but she just let it run down.

I will call heartland today and find out what is going on. Tired of all of the problems with this hainted rollin' condo.

Curt

I would also suggest unplugging the unit from the power source.

remoandiris

Is there anyone waiting for the Fridgidare recalls to be completed.

Yes, yes I am. Maybe Frigidaire is having a problem finding a repair technician in my vacation location (northern NH). We just leave the door open when not in use. It is a bit of a PITA, but after doing it for a few months, we're used to it. Kinda like the other 15 or so issues we have with this lousy HL product. Just living with it until the summer is over, then back to Lazy Days where it'll sit for a few months and finally get fixed right. Yes, I am living in a dream world thinking it'll get fixed right.

Curt_Hinson

Yes, yes I am. Maybe Frigidaire is having a problem finding a repair technician in my vacation location (northern NH). We just leave the door open when not in use. It is a bit of a PITA, but after doing it for a few months, we're used to it. Kinda like the other 15 or so issues we have with this lousy HL product. Just living with it until the summer is over, then back to Lazy Days where it'll sit for a few months and finally get fixed right. Yes, I am living in a dream world thinking it'll get fixed right.
I called Heartland this morning. I guess they could not find where I reported the information (taken over the phone and they are probably are still laughing about it). Anyway, they were going to retake the information and I questioned that maybe I should call Fridgidare. They said yes that would be a good way to get it resolved. I just called Fridgidare and was told that the company that issued the recall (in this case Heartland) would have to handle the recall. Talking about passing the buck. I just unplugged the unit until something can be done about it. If I live long enough to be able to trade, it will not be for another Heartland.

I will call Heartland again tomorrow morning. I will also be going to Camping World in New Braunfels, TX and talking to them about it.

Curt

Ladiver

Curt,

If the microwave is still under warranty, call Frigidaire for a problem with your unit. You don't have to say anything about a recall. There should be a local service center that can look at the unit and determine that the control board is bad. Maybe that local server center can help expedite the repair/replacement.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
When we had a problem with our Frigidaire convection/microwave out dealer suggested calling Frigidaire and they made an appointment to come out and make the repair. We were staying in a state park at the time and they came out, took the information, ordered the part and then returned when the part came in and made the repair. No cost to us and very good service.