Momma is Happy

olcoon

DW bought a stained glass window from the guy who was selling them at the DRVrally, that was before our rally in Goshen. Finally got it installed today.

IMG_0354.jpgIMG_0351.jpg

olcoon

Sally does too, I would have been happy with a deer or something like that, but she's happy, so that makes me happy!!!

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Can't be to hard Jon put mine in at the Goshen rally in about 10 min. He did a great job..

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We also have a stain glass scene that we got from rvstainglass.com. love your choice as our is also a beach scene. Enjoy

olcoon

It's not hard at all, even if you aren't mechanically inclined! But you will need 2 people to do it. Mainly so you don't drop the old or new glass. There are several screws on the inside of the door, while someone is holding the glass, remove the screws, then remove the old glass & the frame on the inside of the door. I then removed all the old caulk, and cleaned up where it was. I then installed the new caulk (rope type caulk, ours came with the caulk) where the old caulk was. Then while DW was holding the glass & made sure it was straight inside the opening, I reinstalled the frame & screws. I only removed the frame on the inside of the door. Didn't think about taking photos until I was almost done. Also, at least on ours, there was an inside & outside of the glass. I don't know what the difference is, that's what my supervisor told me! We also kept the old glass, so when we upgrade, we can remove the stained glass to put on the new rig & put the original glass back in.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Yes be very careful as pressing too hard on the glass from within can make the frame pop out on the outside of the door, causing the glass to slide down rapidly, and curse words to flow! Don't ask me how I know....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skyguy

Or, you could do this...
RV3.jpg

And quick work with some Krylon Fusion will fix that yellowing frame.

Al