MOR/Ryde or Trailair pin box?

Which Pin box would you choose?

• Total voters

johnpsz

We are in the middle of making the deal for a new ElkRidge E30, literally just got of the phone with the salesman. The total weight of the E30 is light compared to a lot of you guys, but we will have small children (1yro and 5yro) in the truck when hauling and I was looking to have them throw in a cushioned pinbox in with the deal, they said they do a lot of mor/rydes and could include that in and keep it under my goal price. However, the internet wormhole got ahold of me and I have been wondering if I would be better off with an air softened pinbox like the trailair tri-glide over the mor/ryde?

The GVRW of the E30 is only 11700# and unless I ride around with full fresh, grey, and black tanks I cannot see normally driving being more than barely over 10K, also the TV has a manual transmission so I get a lot of chucking from stop and go driving, if that matters in helping me decide?

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I've nothing to compare to since we went the mor/ryde from the start but we have a smooth ride with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

porthole

Retired
You didn't say what your truck is.

Is it a short bed? Using a sliding hitch?
If a slider is it automatic?

I have used both, same trailer, same truck. My preference is the MOR/ryde.

Part of my reasoning is that the tri glide doesn't play well with an auto slide hitch likethe PullRite SuperGLide

johnpsz

Sorry about that. The TV is an '07 (early 07 with a 5.9l Cummins) Ram 2500 quad cab, short bed, 4X4, manual transmission, and in-cab adjustable airbags. I currently have a B&W turnover ball GN hitch that I have used a lot (my trailers have been GN's even the old camper had a GN coupler, talk about a rough ride) and since I still have a couple GN trailers I don't want to loose the ability to swap back and forth so I am having the dealership include a B&W Companion Slider into the deal with the E30 purchase.

Tallyrver

I installed the Mor/Ryde after 4 trips of 3 hours or longer, I am very happy with the ride improvement . When we rode across bridges on I-10 the DW would wave her arm in the air like a bull rider.
All that's gone now.
Wayne

Cjackg

I installed the Mor/Ryde after 4 trips of 3 hours or longer, I am very happy with the ride improvement . When we rode across bridges on I-10 the DW would wave her arm in the air like a bull rider.
All that's gone now.
Wayne
Wow, pretty good recommendation for a Mor/ryde pinbox....

jbeletti

I've used:
- Trailair (with standard hitch)
- Trailair with TriGlide (with an alternate hitch*)
- Mor/ryde (with air hitch)

I've liked them all. When I went from Trailair to Trailair with Tri-Glide - whoa, what an improvement!

But, I destroyed the Tri-Glide and it could have been due to the alternative hitch I was running at the time.

Note however that the Tri-Glide is no longer made. Lippert has a new product coming out that combines the Trailair with some features of the Rota Flex. I saw it in Louisville last December. Not sure when it will be marketed - but I'd try it :)

This all said, now that I have an air hitch in my truck bed, I felt it was time to try a Mor/ryde pinbox. It's decent but I was expecting even more from it. But it's probably a good match for my hitch.

Hunter11

We have a cushion ride hitch in my truck which I installed when we ordered our Landmark. I decided with this setup I would go with the Mor/Ryde pinbox on the trailer. This way the hitch would handle the up/down motion and the Mor/Ryde the front/back. On our way back from Indiana my wife could not believe how smooth the ride was. If I had a standard hitch in my truck I would have had a Trailair pinbox installed on the trailer.

johnpsz

Thanks for all feedback, I feel much better about the choice to go with the MOR/ryde that they suggested. The deal is almost finalized and they are giving me a great deal on the MOR/ryde.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
I bought the Mor Ryde with the 16,000-18,000 "spring". I found that since we are generally pushing the 18,000 gross on our Cyclone that the "spring" was going to it's limits. I contacted Mor Ryde and went to the next higher spring....much better ride.
If there is any question as to which weight pinbox to select I would recommend going to the higher level.

Jim.Allison

I was looking at craigslist for a trailer saver the other night, I found a new one for $1600. I went with a trailer save in the event that I sold my trailer I would keep my hitch rather than someone getting my pin box. My rig rides like a Cadillac. It was a good investment but I would have bought the craigslist one in a New York minute.