My 2013 Landmark Key Largo

jbeletti

Re: Key Largo Modification - Added Storage Tube for Window Covers

Jim would you please post some pictures of your window screens?
Thanks for all the great ideas!
Cliff

Hi Cliff,

Glad you are enjoying these posts in this thread. Likely similar to why Duane (porthole) created his thread (And so it begins...), I wanted to share what I am doing in an effort to show others a few things that can be done and maybe to inspire some confidence in others that "you too" can do these things.

Not sure when I will be putting the screens on next so no picture just yet. Here's a link to where I got mine: http://www.rvsunscreen.com/

Jim

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired

Here's a picture of our '08 BC with the sunscreen at the beach. Edisto Beach site 09.JPG

ihsolutions

Awesome thread! First thing I'm going to do before my next trip, during the 48 hour window I'm allowed to keep the camper at my house, is the basement wall hasps. I've taken that panel off so many times the screws don't even hold anymore, so I've got to do something. Thanks for the great ideas, and especially, the pics. I know it's time consuming but makes the thread so much more useful.

Jeff

jbeletti

Re: Key Largo Modification - Added External Cellular Antenna and MiFi

Thanks Jeff. Yes, pictures really make the difference.

Jim

porthole

Retired

I'm still impressed you guys built a dadoed drawer on a picnic bench!

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired

I'm still impressed you guys built a dadoed drawer on a picnic bench!

I was too. But after seeing them do it, I thought how simple it was. It did turn out really nice.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Re: Key Largo Modification - Added Drawer under Computer Pull-out

Not sure but maybe the Quiet A/C and the 6 Point Level Up? That was just about the biggest changes from my 2011 KL.

jbeletti

Key Largo Repair - Refer Replacement

We have a Norcold 4-door refer in our Key Largo. It worked great for 4 days. Then in my driveway, it just stopped working. No cooling at all. Now, I was parked on a 6-3/4 degree slope - so I wondered if that had affect.

I went through a few troubleshooting items with Norcold and I also backed the RV into the garage - very level. The LP burner lights, but after 7 hours, there still was no cooling. Norcold declared it in need of replacement.

Due to timing, we ended up asking Norcold to ship the replacement refer to Camping World - Tampa (Seffner), FL. We attended the GA rally using coolers. We spent our first 4 days in Tampa using coolers.

After a false start due to a delay in shipping the replacement refer - today, Camping World installed the new refer and it's COLD inside of it?

I'll monitor temps inside it tomorrow to ensure proper operation and I'll take the outside vent covers off to inspect the connections made behind them.

By the way, Norcold actually has techs that do phone support. That was a nice surprise and helpful.

Jim

jbeletti

Key Largo Modification - Added Lexan Storm Windows

On a couple of my past demo coaches and a few friends coaches, I've added plexiglass panels to the screen door to act as a storm window of sorts. I did this primarily so that we can keep the outer entrance door open while the air conditioning is on. This keeps the coach and us more inviting by letting others know we are home and we are up and around :)

In nearly all cases in the past, I've used plexiglass. This time, I'm trying Lexan. Much stronger, though more expensive and heavier.

Though this door is different than the ones used 2 years ago, I'm still using white plastic J-trim as a pocket for the bottom of the Lexan panels.

I'm also using white Velcro to hold the top of the Lexan panels. Then, for the top section, because it's so tall, I'm using a 2" piece of j-trim on each side to help hold the Lexan in place.

I had a local glass and mirror shop cut and radius the Lexan and I did the installation. Total cost of Lexan, cuts, shaping and tax: $127. The installation took me about an hour.

Next related projects are:
- Add horizontal handle to inside of door
- Add closer springs to outside of door
1 - Materials used.jpg 2 - Lexan (polycarbonate) used.jpg 3 - J-trim installed on lower portion of lower section.jpg 4 - Velcro installed on upper portion of lower section.jpg 5- Lexan installed into pocket of J-trim in lower section.jpg 6- Lexan installed with Velcro at top portion of lower section.jpg 7- J-trim installed on bottom portion of upper section.jpg 8 - Velcro added to top portion of upper section of door and Lexan.jpg 9 - Lexan installed in upper section.jpg 10 - Door completed and ready to reinstall.jpg 11 - Door completed and installed.jpg 12 - Lower section completed.jpg 13 - Upper section completed.jpg

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Re: Key Largo Modification - Added Lexan Storm Windows

Looks great :)

jbeletti

Key Largo Modification - Replaced Porch Light Bulb with LED (Revolution 400)

On the last several coaches, I've changed the standard porch light out for one of those Smart Light 1000, motion sensor lights. Each time, I've used the Star Lights brand Revolution LED bulb in them. On the first couple, I used the Revolution 200. On the last one, I believe I used the Revolution 300.

On the current coach, Heartland installed the Smart Light 1000 for me. It came with an incandescent bulb. Poking around online for an LED replacement bulb, I found there is now a Revolution 400 LED bulb. This bulb puts out 400 lumens of light at 6500 degrees Kelvin. A very bright, very white light.

I ordered the bulb and received it quickly. What surprised me when I looked at it in person was the size of it. It's enormous! I wondered if it would fit the Motion Light fixture. Well, it fit just fine. And it's really bright! Time will tell if it develops too much heat for being inside a sealed fixture. I thin kit will be okay.

Here's the funny part. I ordered this bulb online from RVGoodies.com when I was in the Tampa area for the FL rally. When I got home, the bulb was there in my mail. I looked at the invoice and the company that fulfilled the order (Southeast Power Systems) was just a couple miles down the road from where we were staying. I could have bought it locally I guess :)

Source:
RV Goodies.com
rvgoodies.com
4220 N. Orange Blossom Trail
Orlando, FL 32804
Revolution 1141-400 Interior LED Light Bulb
$34.30 + shipping

Fulfilled By:
Southeast Power Systems
6515 Adama Drive
Tampa, FL 3619
813-623-1151

Product, packaging and install pictures:
1 - Revolution 400 - Packaged.jpg 2 - Revolution 400 - Data.jpg 3 - Bulb Comparison.jpg 4 - Standard Incandescent Bulb.jpg 5 - Revolution 400 - Installed.jpg 6 - Revolution 400 - Completed.jpg 7 - Revolution 400 - On.jpg

rjr6150

Re: Key Largo Modification - Replaced Porch Light Bulb with LED (Revolution 400)

Jim
What are you using over the bed as we talked earlier talk about heat output on the spots.

CliffP

Re: Key Largo Modification - Added Lexan Storm Windows

In nearly all cases in the past, I've used plexiglass. This time, I'm trying Lexan. Much stronger, though more expensive and heavier.

I had a local glass and mirror shop cut and radius the Lexan and I did the installation. Total cost of Lexan, cuts, shaping and tax: $127. The installation took me about an hour.

Jim, having done it both ways do you recommend Lexan or Plexi?

Cliff and Mindy

jbeletti

Re: Key Largo Modification - Replaced Porch Light Bulb with LED (Revolution 400)

Are you concerend that this may be too bright?

Duane,

For the way we camp, when we need that light, brighter is better. We use it at night when we let the dogs out - for the most part.

Jim