My wife and I just bought a Heartland Big Country 3650RL

Brandon.Prewitt

Bathroom vent fan is working. Not sure why. maybe throwing all breakers and turning them back on?

The TV in the living room has only clicked off once since the time it went off and stayed off. Maybe we are getting power surges or something. I do have a surge protector.

No new issues. Been in it almost a week and loving it.

Brandon.Prewitt

Snooping around now for a water filtration system. Thinking about just going with 2 jumbo filters I found online, one for particulates and one for a carbon filter. You only have to change the element once every 6-12 months instead of monthly.

I want to add some shelving in the bathroom and some "night stand" shelves on each side of the bed. May do the over the headboard one, not sure yet.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Brandon - let us know what you come up with for the shelving next to the bed. We also have been trying to come up with a solution for that.
B--

jpdoggett

In my Augusta the outside light switch in in the control panel area and the bath fan is on the fan its self the kitchen fan is on a panel by the ac controls

Brandon.Prewitt

I haven't found that kitchen fan switch I'll have to look.

There is a porch light switch in the control panel but not the other two lights.

I was trying to get the fan on with the switch on the fan but it wouldn't work, it does now . . . not sure why.

I don't know what the deal is with the power supply and the cable. The cable is static today and the wife said she checked the wire outside and when she touched it, it burned her hand. Cable company is coming out tomorrow, hopefully he will know what the deal is. Cable seems to have some interference often.

Brandon.Prewitt

Fans are good and TV is not shutting off anymore.

Wife found water at the base of the fridge a couple times. I found out it was the ice maker water line, after a google search for what to look for, and the answer came from this forum. The fridge wasn't staying as cold as it once did as well. I called my salesman and he said bring it in. When I told him I can't and I'll fix it myself he said he would borrow a truck and come get it. I told him that wasn't necessary. He called back and said he had a maintenance guy going to Hobbs New Mexico, about an hour from me, and he would stop by. He stopped by and fixed the water line leak and added another baffle behind the fridge, that I removed, and another fan. I already had two fans in there from the factory. No more water leak and the fridge seems to be working much more efficiently.

I think My Salesman and my dealer went above and beyond and I thank them for it. The dealer was Pharr's in Lubbock. I'd put my salesman's name but I don't wanna get it wrong, I think it was James. Have to check with the wife, she talks to him when we have problems.

Brandon.Prewitt

The RV was a houseboat yesterday morning. The wife woke me up and told me something is running. I told her I didn't know what she was talking about and went back to sleep. When I woke up I could hear what sounded like a pump running in the bathroom. I got ready for work and when I stepped out the door the entire lot was flooded. I went around and opened the door to the Utility Controls and the after market in line water filter I had installed about 3 months ago . . . about ready to change out . . . . had cracked almost all the way around the top of it. I replaced the filter and turned the water back on and noticed the water that was leaking in the center of the underbelly had slowed. I went on to work and the wife texted me that everything in the basement got wet. When I left it didn't look too bad, and I had an important meeting to get to. I still don't know how it got out of the utility area, I keep the large round screw cap out. Anyway, she climbed under the camper and stabbed two holes in the skin to let the water drain. It took about half a day to drain, although the 2 holes were only about 1" slices.

She took everything out of the basement that got wet and let it dry out. I don't think anything got damaged too bad. I've left the basement door open since then to let it dry.

What should I do now? Do I need to remove the "belly skin" to let everything dry out? I'm worried about water damage.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Brandon, I would at least open up one side of the underbelly in a few places to see if there's anything in there that needs attention. The underbelly material and the foil bubble insulation should be fine but if you can keep the side open for a couple days that would assist in the drying process.
SO, any idea what caused the water filter housing to crack? You might check behind the docking center for and connections that might be leaking. Just in case!
Good Luck with your situation.

Brandon.Prewitt

No idea why it cracked. It's the blue inline ones from wal-mart.

I will check into opening up some of the underbelly to look and let it dry. I have been keeping my basement open too to dry out. There has been some wicking to the area at the dining table.

I don't think there are any more leaks because nothing is dripping, but it wouldn't hurt to look.

Getting time is the hard part. I've worked 7 days a week for 10 months. Any time off we get, we head for the hills in Ruidoso or go home, but leave the 5th parked.