Myrtle Beach

jdamude

We will be heading to Myrtle beach at the end of October. We used to drive straight through but it is becoming a challenge. We are looking for a place to stop at the 8-9 hour mark of our trip. We are travelling from Canada using the interstates 90,79,19,77. I figure the 9 hours will place us near Wytheville. I'm looking for a campground in around that area that is capable of handling big rigs. Pull throughs would work good for a stop over. We would rather a campground than a Walmart parking lot. :)

Kbvols

Fancy Gap Virginia KOA is a nice relaxing park that is just a couple miles off the interstate and near the blue ridge parkway. The park can handle big rigs. It is about 35 to 40 miles from Wytheville.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
If you are talking about Wytheville, Va, we have stayed at Fort Chiswell RV Park website www.fcrvpark.com. Its a good clean park right off the interstate.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
2d for FT Chiswell. It's on the stretch of Interstate where I81 and I77 run concurrently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

porthole

Retired
We stayed at the Wytheville, VA KOA on the way to Nashville several years ago. Pull through, was an easy in and out and not far from the interstate. Although, you didn't mention I-81 on your route.

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
We stayed at Wytheville this past summer, we went to Mrytle beech after the national rally. The camp ground is good if you are just overnighting. we got in late and the young lady who directed us to our site had no idea as to what a big rig needs, so make sure before you committ to the parking (if it is not a pull through) that you can do it easy. My way was easy hers not so. the sites are very nice, I actually took pictures and use them to intimidate other owners who think they have nice sites. Be careful where you top up the tank. when you unhook and go to top up you will head back to the interstate off ramp. At the stop sign immediately on your right when heading toward the off rmap from the camp ground is the palce I found to be very good. the other one ( on the other side of the road) does not like Canadian CC.

ncc1701e

Fancy Gap Virginia KOA is a nice relaxing park that is just a couple miles off the interstate and near the blue ridge parkway. The park can handle big rigs. It is about 35 to 40 miles from Wytheville.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice to see someone else who stayed at this KOA. A scenic park.