Mysterious Water Leak on Bighorn 3185

I have an apparent water leak that cannot be found. The only evidence of a leak is when I've hooked up and leaving a camp ground. I can see in my rear
view mirrow water(clean water) coming out of the underbelly.If I make a turn to the right the water comes out of the left side, If I turn left it comes out the right side which makes sense . But while I'm on the cement pad at the campsite there is not a leak of any kind. I've had this happen with the water pump on and off. Ice maker on and off . Has anyone else had this problem? Mine is new 2013 model. Wayne Vann

jjwink

Check your outdoor shower handles. We had a similar problem and discovered the hot water was on just a little. We had water coming out, running down , across frame and out the sides and underbelly.

danemayer

Hi Wayne,

Another possibility is that water might be coming out of the fresh tank. This can happen if the check valve inside the water pump isn't working correctly. The water pump output and the city water feed are teed together. if the check valve fails slightly, city water will flow backwards through the pump and fill the fresh tank to overflowing. With the new venting that comes with the Anderson valve, I think the overflow may end up in the rear section of the underbelly.

If the monitor panel shows the tank as full, run the pump, or open the drain until it's 1/2 full. Then keep your eye on the monitor over the next few hours/day to see if it's filling by itself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

f250dieseldad

We had a 3185 and had the same problem. I figured out that when I unhooked the water line the water would run out the bottom of the udc and onto the frame and find its way under the coroplast and into the under belly. I sealed between the frame and coroplast and it stopped .

olcoon

Had a similar problem on our Elk Ridge. I was told it was probably condensation, but sometimes I was also getting a leak in the basement in the area of the UDC. After it driving me crazy (short drive I know) for a while I discovered it was the outside shower. Somehow, I guess vibration, the knobs were getting turned on. As we have never used the outside shower thats the only thing I could figure out. I solved the problem by installing valves to the shower on the back side of the UDC & turned them off, and haven't had any problems since.

alaska dodge

I had this problem on my cyclone and found that the grey tank where the gate valve is wasn't fastened tight, the clam was there but not used. I looked every where before finding it. Now no issues

Bill & Katherine

2013 Cyclone 4100
2012 Dodge Megacab 3500 Dually, 6.7L max tow

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD