Need a measurement.....hope someone can help!

We have just ordered a Big Horn #3070RL (2013) and want to get the car port ready. We need to know the
distance from the rear (back) tire to the end of the coach. We are cutting out some concrete to accommodate
the height and don't want to cut more than we have too. If anyone can help us, that would be great! Thanks!

danemayer

Hi rjstirkkinen,

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. You'll find lots of useful information here along with friendly people willing to share what they have learned.

I'm sure a 3070RL owner will chime in shortly with the measurement you need.

Gizzy

Went outside and measured from the rear of the fender, (pretty even with the rear of the tire) and measured back to the ladder. Did this with slide extended so it is not exact but pretty close. It measured 118 inches, I would probably be safe and say 10 ft. Hope this helps.

Westwind

Hi rjstirkkinen, We bought our 3070 a year ago and spend 3 1/2 months in it Feb - May in Florida and South Carolina, we loved it. The floor plan was so comfortable for the two of us and it towed like a dream, I went from a 26' TT to it and towed it 225 miles home from the dealer and once I got on the road it was a deam to tow. I said that already didn't I ! LOL We had a couple of problems nothing serious and I have really been satisfied with Heartland and their product, it's not perfect but as we know nothing is. I definately would repeat my purchase of our 3070RL. One of the no charge Accessories is this forum and you will enjoy it and get lots of help from it when you ask.
Good Luck and lot's of enjoyment with your new FW.

Thank you so much! This is just what we needed! Our Big Horn will not be here for another 6-8 weeks and we are so excited
about trying it out. We have not had a fifth wheel before and are planning a month long trip next summer plus retirement is
around the corner and we wanted something comfortable. Thank you again for all the welcoming and info!

danemayer

Thank you so much! This is just what we needed! Our Big Horn will not be here for another 6-8 weeks and we are so excited
about trying it out. We have not had a fifth wheel before and are planning a month long trip next summer plus retirement is
around the corner and we wanted something comfortable. Thank you again for all the welcoming and info!
If at all possible, plan to spend 2 or 3 days at the dealership living in your new rig before taking off. An alternative is to stay in a nearby campground. Explain to your dealer that you want to spend enough time in the rig to actually use everything, so you can get questions answered and the techs can fix any problems or make any adjustments that are necessary. Get their commitment to work through anything you find before the end of your stay. That'll help you get off to a good start when you take your month-long trip. If you can delay signing the acceptance papers (the ones that say everything you bought is there and is working), they'll be very responsive.

Porkchop

Definitely stay longer than 1 night. I only stayed one night (Friday) and when I found issues, the dealer said they didn't have time to really work on it. That ****es me off now that I know a little better.

I brought mine to a local Heartland dealer, but one that does not sell Cyclones, to work on the warranty issue. They gave me a little push back but so far so good. The issues that I found originally on my PDI was very simple to fix. They change out my drain (original dealer said it was fine - it was a slow drain). The generator gauge wasn't working. It was wires that were crossed.

There were a little bit more that I found eventually while using it, so REALLY have a in depth PDI and don't take no for an answer.

Congrats and enjoy!
Irene