Need CG ideas near Carson City, NV

RottsNScotts

Hi All! New challenge. The American Rottweiler Club Nationals are to be held in Carson City, NV in May. They offer RV parking at Fiji Park, the site of the show, and the plan was to have septic trucks available twice while we were there to pump RV tanks.

Well, not so much.

The club just found out that Fiji Park is NOT going allow the tank pumping; definitely a problem since our Nationals will be over a week long.

Alternate sites of Gold Dust West and Comstock Country RV Park have been suggested but the reviews I am reading are warning fellow travelers of exceptionally tight spaces and roads, up to and including needing a spotter, which I will not have! The posters whose reviews I have been reading are all quite a bit smaller than I am.

Any input or ideas?

Would hate to miss the show, I have already entered Boomer in 3 conformation classes, 3 Obedience classes, 6 Rally classes, 2 carting classes and 6 barn hunt classes; Abby is in Veteran Sweeps, over 12 years! Would hate to cancel all that!

Thanks!

Lou_and_Bette

IMHO, I think you could do a week "+" if you are conservative in your use of waste tanks. Bette and I often go more than a week before dumping the Black tank. However, I will dump the Grey water tank a couple of times during that week because the DW likes to take longer showers (navy/sea showers for me) and isn't happy if the water backs up around her feet while she's using the shower so I drain it after we both take our showers. So, if you have an alternate place to shower, I'll bet you can get through your show without needing to dump.

RottsNScotts

Thanks for the thought but I would not be able to go as long as I will be there without dumping and my show schedule will not allow leaving, going to a dump and coming back.

IMHO, I think you could do a week "+" if you are conservative in your use of waste tanks. Bette and I often go more than a week before dumping the Black tank. However, I will dump the Grey water tank a couple of times during that week because the DW likes to take longer showers (navy/sea showers for me) and isn't happy if the water backs up around her feet while she's using the shower so I drain it after we both take our showers. So, if you have an alternate place to shower, I'll bet you can get through your show without needing to dump.

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I think you could do it too ! we went 12 days on ours we just showered at the campground . There are 24 campgrounds in Carson City and I would think they would help you if you ask. I would just check around . Good luck sounds like fun !

RottsNScotts

I think you could do it too ! we went 12 days on ours we just showered at the campground . There are 24 campgrounds in Carson City and I would think they would help you if you ask. I would just check around . Good luck sounds like fun !

Thanks! Where can I find the 24 campgrounds in Carson City? My All Parks app is just showing me 4! With 24, I am sure I can find something that would work!

BusManRG

I can't speak to Carson City directly, but if you don't mind a slight drive I can tell you that the Sparks Marina RV resort outside of Reno is a great park.

Sandy

RottsNScotts

I can't speak to Carson City directly, but if you don't mind a slight drive I can tell you that the Sparks Marina RV resort outside of Reno is a great park.

Sandy

Thanks Sandy! I looked at that since the north NV chapter has its rallies there. However, it is, according to mapquest, a 40+ minute drive to the show site. My problem is that I want to leave Abby and Freddie in the RV while I am showing Boomer as they will be more comfortable. It would be a 2 hour+ round trip to return to the RV from Carson City just to potty them and my show schedule isn't going to allow that.

As you can see, this glitch in the Nationals' plans is causing quite the problem!

TahoeCamper

Founding Nevada-North Chapter Leader-Retired
Janet, I think your best choice is the Silver City RV Resort. Not sure why they call it "Resort". It is one of the better ones in the Carson City area. It is just down the road from Fuji Park. We have never camped there, but have talked to a few friends that have used it overnight or long weekend. I understand not wanting to commute between Sparks RV and Carson City. Normal drive time would be 30-minutes. That's a lot of windshield time between showings. Need any help we live in Reno, moving to Sparks in the next 30-days. Send me a PM.
George

RottsNScotts

Janet, I think your best choice is the Silver City RV Resort. Not sure why they call it "Resort". It is one of the better ones in the Carson City area. It is just down the road from Fuji Park. We have never camped there, but have talked to a few friends that have used it overnight or long weekend. I understand not wanting to commute between Sparks RV and Carson City. Normal drive time would be 30-minutes. That's a lot of windshield time between showings. Need any help we live in Reno, moving to Sparks in the next 30-days. Send me a PM.
George

Thanks George! That is great information for me! Fortunately, after a lengthy discussion with the person in charge of the RV's, apparently there are restrooms immediately adjacent to where the RVs are parking. I put in a "reservation" for a spot fairly close, but not on top of, the restrooms. I can then dump my kitchen grey water there which is my biggest problem usually!

Thanks to everyone who took a stab at this!

TahoeCamper

Founding Nevada-North Chapter Leader-Retired
Janet, Glad the park was able to work things out. Hope Abby, Boomer and Freddie have a good time. Again, if anything comes up you need help with, don't be afraid to reach out. My cell is (775) 846-1818. Safe travels and hope the dogs walk away with lots of trophies :).
George

Grampafish

Washington Chapter Leaders-Retired
Janet, Doris and I have stayed at Silver City and found it to be very adequate. I think most of their sites are pull-through so you should have no problem with your monster Cyclone.

RottsNScotts

Sorry for the late reply but we have just been RUNNING! Shrunk the storage in WA, hit a 4 day dog show in Sacramento and have been in training daily for one event or another ever since. Training got cancelled tonight as trainer got trapped in Los Angeles by cancelled flight so I can catch up.

Thanks for your help George! If I get in a pickle, I WILL call!

Janet, Glad the park was able to work things out. Hope Abby, Boomer and Freddie have a good time. Again, if anything comes up you need help with, don't be afraid to reach out. My cell is (775) 846-1818. Safe travels and hope the dogs walk away with lots of trophies :).
George

- - - Updated - - -

Janet, Doris and I have stayed at Silver City and found it to be very adequate. I think most of their sites are pull-through so you should have no problem with your monster Cyclone.

Thanks Doug! That is great information to have in my pocket as I have my concerns about how this is all going to work out since it is likely I will be one of the last RV's to pull in as I am helping at the ARC Nationals herding trials the Saturday and Sunday preceding in Gardnerville then have to drive up. Don't know yet if they are going to have me scribing or wranglin' ducks! VBG