Need "Electric Awning" troubleshooting help

wdk450

You might do some searching of this forum, or others might chime in, as it has been posted here that the motor is a common power window motor (late 90's GM?) stocked at most NAPA stores at a reasonable price.

wyleyrabbit

You might do some searching of this forum, or others might chime in, as it has been posted here that the motor is a common power window motor (late 90's GM?) stocked at most NAPA stores at a reasonable price.

Ha ha ha. That is awesome. Back when I was worried that ours was dead, I looked into the price of a new motor from Dometic and almost fell off my chair.

jimtoo

Or,,, find a little Mom and Pop electric repair shop and you will save a ton of money. There are still some around.

wdk450

Sorry:
I did some searching on the forum and came up with the post I remembered on the motor from NAPA - It was for a CAREFREE brand awning.
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...g-Motor-Repair?highlight=dometic+awning+motor