Need some hitch opinions

greg7140

I just bought a Gateway 3500 RE, installed a B&W turnover and a Anderson ultimate fifth wheel hitch, simple and no chucking at all. Check them out online, i think its anderson hitchs dot com or something. I love mine and removal install is a one person job.

I like the B&W Companion I have now...but after looking up the Anderson Ultimate Fifth Wheel Hitch, I may try it! Thanks for the info on the Anderson...had never heard of them before.

ppieplow

Well, I am one step closer to owning a 5th wheel.

Thank you to everyone who replied to this thread. I appreciate all the helpful insight.

My decision ultimately came down to versatility. I had my Ford dealer install the 5th wheel prep package on my F-250 with the B&W Companion Ford OEM hitch. I went with the Ford package instead of the B&W turnoverball system because of the ability to change the hitch if needed in the future. If I would have gone with the B&W turnoverball system, then I would always need to have a B&W hitch. By installing the Ford prep package, I can use other brand name hitches in the future if I so desire. I think I will be very happy with the B&W Companion hitch, but having the ability to change is a definite plus.

I have also added a set of SuperSprings to the rear suspension.F-250.

Hitch 1.jpgHitch 2.jpgHitch 3.jpgSpring 1.jpg

scottyb

Well, I am one step closer to owning a 5th wheel.

Thank you to everyone who replied to this thread. I appreciate all the helpful insight.

My decision ultimately came down to versatility. I had my Ford dealer install the 5th wheel prep package on my F-250 with the B&W Companion Ford OEM hitch. I went with the Ford package instead of the B&W turnoverball system because of the ability to change the hitch if needed in the future. If I would have gone with the B&W turnoverball system, then I would always need to have a B&W hitch. By installing the Ford prep package, I can use other brand name hitches in the future if I so desire. I think I will be very happy with the B&W Companion hitch, but having the ability to change is a definite plus.

I have also added a set of SuperSprings to the rear suspension.F-250.

View attachment 27632View attachment 27633View attachment 27634View attachment 27635

Great choice. The B&W with the turnover hitch is a great hitch, and gave many people like myself (previous truck) the ability to remove it and have a clean bed and a gooseneck option. However, if you have the means to get the Ford OEM prep and the B&W, it improves the convenience factor 10 fold. No tools, no torquing bolts required.