Need some tires.....

donroger1

One more concern.

Currently, with bias ply tires, when leaving my driveway, the rear bumper of the camper is within 1" of the pavement as I drop down to the street and pull away.

If I change over to radial ply tires of the same size, will the radials "set lower" and cause the rear bumper to drag???

Now I know the answer. Yes! Radial tires set lower than Bias Ply tires of the same size and rating.

Where I used to have about an inch (1") of clearance, I now have almost nothing. A wooden pencil laying in the driveway would be crushed by the passing bumper as I pull out.
The bad news is that the freshwater tank is only half full. I usually leave with a full tank of fresh water.
On another note, it seems the old spare tire rubbed the ground somewhere in my travels. It was quite a surprise when I dropped the spare to have the radial mounted. The spare tire mounted under the tongue has plenty of clearance in my driveway and also in Missouri where I stop each month. Nothing but highway and gas stations between. It must have been one of the station drives where the spare hit.
Bought a tire mount for the back bumper but will have to weld it on as the u-bolts would not clear the driveway currently.

It is always something......;)

Colorado Camper

Engineer 71
I have a 2009 21FBS. Tires have about 8000 miles on them. I have carefully kept the tires at 50 PSI on trips. I see the extra wearing in the center (shallower tread depth) issue that another post mentioned. Is this just what happens to bias belted tires? Never seen that before.
So, if the tread is too thin, I will definitely get radial replacements.
Any further word on how the folks who bought the radials tire are doing with them?