Never towed, which hitch to use?

We are purchasing a 09 Big Country 3490BHS. The truck that we have has a gooseneck adaptor already (installed by previous owner). The dealer told me that if we use this it will void warranty work on the chassis, but lots of folks do this. I thought that we would need a slider hitch (not sure if this is the right term) for the weight? Any help is appreciated
:eek:!

2010augusta

We need more info. What truck and bed do you have, long bed or short bed? Long beds do not need a slider, most short bed do not with the heartland front-caps either. What do you mean by "the truck has a goose-neck adapter?" Does the truck have a goose-neck hitch? What type? You can post pictures if you don't know and we'll help identify it.

I know that this is a short bed truck. I can't attach a picture yet as I am a junior member. I will do my best to describe it. It is a post that sits flush with the be, that is attached to the frame with two brackets that are also attached. Thanks again!

ChopperBill

You may have the B&W hitch. You can get the fifth wheel "Companion" to pull your fifth wheel. You can go to their web site and get some info. B & W DO NOT use the goose neck adapter.

trvlrerik

I possibly have the same set-up as you do. I am running the BW pop up ball with the 18k companion hitch. I have a short bed truck and with the Heartland nose cap I have not needed a slider hitch. The hitch is easy to use and can be removed from the bed and you can use the ball for a gooseneck. I would not reccomend using the gooseneck for a 5th wheel trailer, I have actually adapted my gooseneck trailers into fifth wheel pins.

ricatic

I too have the B&W Turnover Ball hitch. I bought the Companion from them when I bought our 5th wheel. I am very satisfied with it. I pull with a 2004 F250 CC 4WD SB PSD and have not needed a slider with my 3055 RL. I have tested the pivot limits and although I can not get 90 degrees it is close enough.

Ricatic