Neverlube hub leaking?

wildwolfproducts

Was looking at the wheels on our 2012 Key Largo today. And seen what looks like oil/Grease on the drivers back wheel. Reached inside the spoke of the wheel and it was some oil and dirt there. so looks like the outside seal or both inside and outside may need replaced.
Anyone tacked the Neverlube hubs before? Done normal hubs more times than I care to remember. But never been inside the neverlube hugs. Any pointers or anything to look out for? Play on checking all 4 while its being done. As the brakes on these camper has never been what they should be. But then again until the people that deliver these campers. Do the breakin like it should, I feel we will always have brake issues. I know talking to a few of them. They told me if they feel like it, there may be a stop within the first 100 miles to make sure no lug nuts have fell off. But don't do the procedure to the brakes. Just pull it and work your new brakes as hard as they can. Any time they can use your camper brakes to slow down or stop and save there own brakes. You can bet they will be used and used hard.
Pete

sengli

wow where do I start. First off the never lube hubs are only different from the "old style" in the fact they have a hole drilled in the axles shaft to allow the grease to be injected all the way back in the rear bearing area. If you just keep pumping grease in there, it will eventually blow out the rear seal and fling grease all over the inside of the brakes components and drum. The grease seals do go bad. Mine new from the factory were leaking grease, and my brakes never worked very well. So I popped them apart to see what was up. The grease was all over the inside of all four of my hub assemblies. I am old school, I dont use the grease zerk to lube the "never lube" bearings. I remove them and clean and inspect them. Then repack them by hand the old way. Plus you can replace the seals while they are apart. I am sure there are alot of opinions on this. But the grease has to come from somewhere, unless you ran over a glob on the road?

bdb2047

I think 2 different kind of bearings are being confused. Never lube are sealed bearing as name says are permanatly lubed sealed bearings,I believe Dexter is supplier for trailer. E/Z Lube is zerk fitting in axle for lube over lube seams to be common. I think the best thing for E/Z lube is to take fitting out and install a plug and hand pack bearings. I did not know Heartland was using never lube.

gvtahoe88

Was looking at the wheels on our 2012 Key Largo today. And seen what looks like oil/Grease on the drivers back wheel. Reached inside the spoke of the wheel and it was some oil and dirt there. so looks like the outside seal or both inside and outside may need replaced.
Anyone tacked the Neverlube hubs before? Done normal hubs more times than I care to remember. But never been inside the neverlube hugs. Any pointers or anything to look out for? Play on checking all 4 while its being done. As the brakes on these camper has never been what they should be. But then again until the people that deliver these campers. Do the breakin like it should, I feel we will always have brake issues. I know talking to a few of them. They told me if they feel like it, there may be a stop within the first 100 miles to make sure no lug nuts have fell off. But don't do the procedure to the brakes. Just pull it and work your new brakes as hard as they can. Any time they can use your camper brakes to slow down or stop and save there own brakes. You can bet they will be used and used hard.
Pete

My 2012 BigHorn had the same problem. Grease all over the brake assembly. I believe it came from the factory with toooo much grease. Because no one ever pumped any grease in to it, Since I have owned it .Yours I am sure will not be the last with this problem. Call Dexter they will probably help you out, they did me. Good luck.