New 16" Alloy Wheels used by Heartland

aquiring signal

The 3rd set of wheels are 80 PSI, the first two should be 110. Without looking at the back of the rim, the down and dirty way to tell is the number of spokes. Almost all 110 psi rims are 8 and all 80 psi are 5 spokes.

I would not think that being told rims are not avaialbe is a BS excuse. Just a supply issue. HL is not the only RV using aluminum rims.
I like the new set shown, maybe not on a Bighorn, but the replacements on my Cyclone look similar - I didn't have the option of ordering Goodyears when it was ordered.

Ok, good to know, thanks. I'm sure I need the load carrying ability of 110psi G load range tires & wheels as a minimum. So if the third pictured wheels are not an option for me, it's between the first two.

I wonder if anyone from the factory could chime in on this. (do they look at all the forums or only the "ask the factory" section.) Perhaps they know if all late 2011 & soon 2012 Bighorns are switching to the #1 pictured wheel, or if mine is a one-off fluke, or a supply issue/mistake/substitution, etc.

jnbhobe

Call the factory on monday and have your serial number handy they should be able to answer your questions. Jon

57chevyconvt

The GY G614 requires a wheel that is rated for 110 psi. I mounted a G614 on the spare wheel that is a steel wheel that is only rated for 90 psi, therefore I can only inflate to
90 psi. I normally inflate the G614 to the max. pressure of 105 to 110 to achieve the max.
load carrying capability. A lot of articles have been written on the subject of proper tire inflation, I chose to inflate to the max. psi rating. The max. inflation probably yields a rougher ride for the trailer, but I am more interested in max. fuel mileage. Especially when diesel is $3.60 per gallon.

aquiring signal

Many of you have this wheel. Has anyone ever looked at the back of it to see what is stamped on it as far as max load it is good for? Curious...
correct wheel.JPG

aquiring signal

So I heard back from Heartland and this is what Customer Service said:

"I have sent the photos to the plant and have been informed that the wheels equipped on your new Big Horn are what we are currently using."

No explanation as to WHY or for HOW LONG they will be using this wheel. Sounds like more people will be receiving these wheels as well.

Does anyone else have a Bighorn on order? Maybe this is not a big deal to some, but I think it changes the overall appearance on the coach. What do you think?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you don't like the new wheels, have your dealer take the ones off your old trailer.

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If you don't like the new wheels, have your dealer take the ones off your old trailer.

Peace
Dave

Or tell the dealer that the wheels are a show-stopper and cancel the sale. So, according to HL's Customer Service, every rig, including Landmark's, are coming with those race car wheels? I guess they've been too busy and want to see sales drop.

aquiring signal

Peace
Dave
Cookie, thanks. I considered this, but since I am paying for new tires & wheels, I want new tires & wheels. (New tires at least.) So if we have to perform swapping of tires & rims, etc. I think I would like a new set of the correct wheels, perhaps from another trailer on the lot.

gpshemi

The 3rd pic looks like my 2010 Cyclone wheel for what it's worth to ya.

Not into those new wheels at all. NOT AT ALL. I hate the black even if it wouldn't show dirt. As a bare min I'd have to spray them silver.

aquiring signal

I am happy to report that Heartland & my dealer have gotten together and agreed to swap the wheels with another trailer on the lot. So I get the wheels I expected (the T02) and the Good Year tires I specified. :cool: All is well. Thanks to all of you for your input, it was very helpful.

boatdoc

Of all the changes Heartland has done, this one is the worst yet. We could possibly get over the mega bath but NO way could I get over looking at those rims each and every time I looked at our trailer.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
I saw the wheels the other day here at the factory. They're not as bad in person as they look in pics. they're actually kind of a gray/silver rather than black. Not my cup of tea, but I really don't care for the old style ones I have either...LOL

rustyshakelford

I saw the wheels the other day here at the factory. They're not as bad in person as they look in pics. they're actually kind of a gray/silver rather than black. Not my cup of tea, but I really don't care for the old style ones I have either...LOL

We ended up with these wheels also and now that I have seen them in person, I like them. I agree with yall in that they are not black, more pewter than anything. were looking forward to getting home so we can detail the trailer and see what she looks like clean!

brett