New 2013 NT 32BUDS Caliber Owner with Questions

My husband and I just purchased a new 2013 NT Caliber 32BUDS. We have taken two short trips since we purchased the trailer and have a couple of questions for those with experience.

We are experiencing a lot of instability or shifting when anyone moves in the cabin-even when the kids shift while sleeping we can feel movement. We have the stabilizers down correctly. It seems if the motion is front to back. Does anyone use anything to decrease this motion?

We are having trouble keeping the doors to the master bedroom from coming off track when traveling. We have tried using tension rods to keep the doors in place when traveling. It isn't working well for us. We are currently using a small ratchet strap. It seems that there must be an easier way.

We loved the fact that the tv pivots for use in the bedroom and living space. We also love that the entertainment system had DVD capabilities without having to have a separate component. One issue that we have is that when playing DVDs the audio is playing through the speaker system and not the tv. Not convenient if you want to watch a movie in the bedroom. What are we doing wrong??

Does anyone have any suggestions for kids to get into the bunk above the entertainment center in the bunk room? My kids are currently opening the cabinet and climbing on the shelves to get up. We have tried step stools, but they are too short.

Last question...It seems the awning blows out of tracks easily. This is probably easily fixed with straps to hold it down. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks for the help!

danemayer

Hi Cyclonemom,

Congratulations on your new rig and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I'm sure you'll get responses to your questions shortly. Here are a couple of thoughts.

On the forward/backward motion, do you have the wheels chocked? If X-style chocks will fit between your wheels, that will keep the wheels from moving.

On the DVD audio, it may be a matter of how the surround sound is connected to the TV. You'll probably have to take a look at the cabling to see if the surround sound audio OUT is connected to the TV audio IN. We have an RV Audio Connections Illustrated User Guide that may help you make the necessary connections.

Thanks for the response danemayer! We are chocked, but not using the x-style. Do you know if those fit the Wide Trax system? We will for sure look at the connections for audio. Thanks for the link to the user guide! We look forward to hearing from other owners and to many memories!

Thanks for the tip on the x-style chocks! Ordered them from Amazon and they are already here! Will give them a try next trip!

daynawide

For the sliding doors I use heavy duty clothes pin style clips.one one each side of the tracks.bought at Home Depot. Used for clamping wood projects

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk