New 2014 22 FBS OWNER

Rdegroat

Ricketts Glen is a neat park. Lots to do if you like the outdoors. Haven't been there in a few years though. Last time we where we car camped with my boys. I believe I read somewhere recently that the lake was to be drained so the dam's breastworks could be repaired this summer. Check DCNR's website for lots of state park info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was checking into Rickett's Glen and from what I could find they offer no hook ups is that right? Or I am just not looking in the right place?

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
I keep my North Trail in the barn when not in use. It is plugged in 24/7 until hooked up to my truck and no issues with the battery. I do however keep the Refrig off and the doors propped open. The dealer stated it didn't matter whether you keep the refrig on or off, it will only last XX number of years in either situation. During the cold months I have a space heater hooked into a thermo plug that comes on at 35 degrees and off at 45....Has worked great for the last two years. I love the North Trail and it works great for me and Dakota, My "Aussie girl".

Have fun with your TT and make sure if you have Towmax tires you change them out ASAP....

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
According to the DCNR website I'd say you're correct. Under the amenities listed there appears to be no hookups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jwcox

I love my North Trail and I have the same one. Winterizing is a pain since I live at 5600 ft. But it is easy to tow and just right for me and the two dogs.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I love my North Trail and I have the same one. Winterizing is a pain since I live at 5600 ft. But it is easy to tow and just right for me and the two dogs.

We just got home last night to Denver, Colorado from the Arizona HOC Quartzsite Rally and I winterized our Heartland Trail Runner this morning before I went to work.

Took about 10-15 minutes now that I understand what to do.

I ran out of RV anti freeze and I didn't get the outside shower winterized, so I stopped by Walmart on the way home from work tonight and got two gallons and just finished it off a few minutes ago.

It was in the mid-70's here today, but expected to cool off tomorrow and go below freezing tomorrow night, with snow coming this weekend, so I figured I'd better get it done post haste!

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
John, you and Cathy are troopers of the best kind....Happy you made it home okay...By the way I had to turn my propane covers around so the door opened from facing the RV, that way the wind would not continue to take the lid off...I had the same problem with the cover flying of....See you both next year foe the Tucson Rodeo Rally..

Rdegroat

We just got home last night to Denver, Colorado from the Arizona HOC Quartzsite Rally and I winterized our Heartland Trail Runner this morning before I went to work.

Took about 10-15 minutes now that I understand what to do.

I ran out of RV anti freeze and I didn't get the outside shower winterized, so I stopped by Walmart on the way home from work tonight and got two gallons and just finished it off a few minutes ago.

It was in the mid-70's here today, but expected to cool off tomorrow and go below freezing tomorrow night, with snow coming this weekend, so I figured I'd better get it done post haste!

I didn't realize winterizing could be so easy. From all the talk I thought it would be a long complicated process! It sounds like you have mastered the craft! I hope hat I can say the same someday.
Good job, JohnD!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I didn't realize winterizing could be so easy. From all the talk I thought it would be a long complicated process! It sounds like you have mastered the craft! I hope that I can say the same someday.
Good job, JohnD!

The first two years I had the dealership do it . . . $80 to winterize . . . $65 to dewinterize . . . what a rip off!

$12 and 15 minutes later . . . all done!

I thought it was much harder to do than it really is.

We'll help you figure it out when the time comes!