New 2015 4100 ramp door issues

blong

Was wondering if anyone else has an issue with their ramp door hinges being installed crooked. Our are off almost an inch side to side one is higher than the other and both are not level when they are locked. One angles down and the other up. Also the grab handles are even at different heights on either side. Called the dealer the week after we picked it up (august 2014) sent very clear pictures and they opened a warranty case with heartland, who promptly replied "they are fine we are not moving them" I will be calling them myself but was wondering if this is common. Our previous 2011 cyclone 3950 handles were dead straight and the handles were exactly at the same height. This close enough quality on a new 100k trailer is ridiculous.

porthole

Retired
Never enough time to do the job right the first time
but always enough time do it right the second time

And another reason why we didn't order a new trailer last month.

Duane
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Maybe I'm not looking at the pictures correctly, but it looks more like it's the handles that are crooked, not the hinges (the hinges appear to be in the same position relative to the lights, but the handle brackets are definitely at different heights). Has Heartland seen these pictures?

blong

Maybe I'm not looking at the pictures correctly, but it looks more like it's the handles that are crooked, not the hinges (the hinges appear to be in the same position relative to the lights, but the handle brackets are definitely at different heights). Has Heartland seen these pictures?

yes these are the exact pictures i sent to heartland. and i agree the handles are at different heights but the hinges are no the same either there is more space at the bottom of one then the other.

TXTiger

Looks like a simple but expensive fix. Just move the locking part so that it is even with the hinges. Then you have to fill the original holes. I would suggest that the entire ramp door be repainted to match. Although the current set up is functional and not a warranty repair issue, it is not correctly installed. This should all be completed at Heartlands expense.

blong

There is no way I want a patched door on my brand new trailer, they should replace it with a new one lined up correctly. We will see what happens next when I call them tomorrow.

blong

And their unbelievable response is "We (heartland) are not responsible for cosmetic defects, its just too bad and he even acknowledges that the handles are definitely not straight or aligned but its just too bad for me , nothing they can do as its cosmetic. told me to try the dealer again to see if they could straighten them out. He said nothing when I mentioned this is a build quality issue the dealer didn't build it. He was very indifferent when i said i was not satisfied, like he could care less.

i asked him to escalate and said his team lead would call me back as soon as he was off the phone that was a couple of hours ago still waiting.

Last edited:

FiremanBill

Well I'd say what I think about this but I'll post this to save the moderators some time...

Last edited by me!; Today at 05:31:00 PM. Reason: edited to comply with forum rules :D:D:D

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
And their unbelievable response is "We (heartland) are not responsible for cosmetic defects, its just too bad and he even acknowledges that the handles are definitely not straight or aligned but its just too bad for me , nothing they can do as its cosmetic.
When I tried to get help with the cam lock poles wearing through the aluminum edge on my garage door I was told the same thing. Cosmetic my.......!

blong

Update:

Team Lead called me and we had a lengthy lively discussion, I wont go into too many details about the logic behind their stance ($$) except to say they know its wrong, its just not wrong enough for them to replace the door. So they are going to send me new hinges N/C and hopefully between the two sets I will be able to match two of them at the same height. So then perhaps both hinges while they may not be perfect but will hopefully look the similar as opposed to both on an angle sloping right. So we will see, at least they are doing something to try to make it right.

Last edited:

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Sorry for the poor picture quality but saw this single handle lock and thought it would resolve a lot of problems.
Has anyone seen how this works on the inside? Always the possibility that it causes a host of other problems we don't have with the cam locks.

Attachments

• IMG_0761.jpg
    IMG_0761.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 54

ray587

contact Lippert directly. Thats what I did after getting the runaround from Heartland on my door. It was coming apart at the bottom hinges. I sent Lippert the pictures and they agreed to replace the door. But I didn"t buy my RW locally because the closest dealer is 200 miles away so no dealer around here would touch it. Lippert sent me the door to my house now its just a matter of getting it put on. The new door only had the bottom hinges installed, no rubber seal, no latches, no handles, or rubber bumpers. I guess you are suppose to use your old ones off of the old door. Now I don't know if Lippert installs the handles and latches or if Heartland does at the factory but I believe it would be worth a try.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I would bet that doors come complete and ready to install from Lippert. Hinges, w/strips and all hardware.