New 2015 Cyclone 4100 king

Just purchased a new Cyclone 4100 king 3 ac's 7000# axles 23cubic ft refrigerator hd edition, towing with a 2015 chevy 3500hd drw pulls great, truck squatted 1.5" I was really surprised, talked with a gentleman in daytona who has a new 2015 drw f-350 said that he had to install air bags due to the truck squatting excessively to the point that the rear was out of line with the drive train causing vibration, didn't see where the f-hitch was placed must have been to far back as he stated that his headlights were in the trees. Waiying to use it for first time will either go to cowtown area or lancaster area we like both.

OEFVET

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new truck and new Cyclone. We have a 4200 Cyclone and pull it with a 2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD with a duramax diesel. The truck is a beast. It pulls the 20,000lb trailer very nicely. No aftermarket helper springs or air bags needed. Very nice combination as I'm sure you will see.

scottyb

I pulled my 4100 with a Chevy the 1st 3500 mi, then a Ford the last 14K mi. They both seemed to squat equally. I put Timbrens on the Chevy. They stopped the squat but I hated them. I put Firestones on the Ford and loved them. I wanted my headlights pointing the same place whether loaded or unloaded.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new truck and new Cyclone. We have a 4200 Cyclone and pull it with a 2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD with a duramax diesel. The truck is a beast. It pulls the 20,000lb trailer very nicely. No aftermarket helper springs or air bags needed. Very nice combination as I'm sure you will see.
Question how many sets of keys did you get when you purchased your 4200?

Last edited by a moderator:

jbeletti

campr-pete,

The guy you met with the 2015 F350 and excessive squat, what RV brand/model did he have hitched?

If I could point at a single thing I dislike about my 2012 F450 is the amount of squat when hitched to close to 4k of pin weight. I do run Air Lift bags and have upped my pressure to 65 PSI. Anymore than that and my loaded ride is too harsh. At 65 PSI, I can only take about 2" of the squat.

oscar

4100 with 2012 Chevy 3500, DRW and D-max. Air bags, for sure. Pump them up until you come off the helper springs by about an inch. About 80 psi. Headlights back where they belong, decent ride.

It was a 3895 voltage said he had 3600lbs hitch weight, there was another one in the park being pulled by a gmc and he had little to no squat. He v wasn't a happy camper. Question are the new units suppose to come with a owners manual?

jbeletti

It was a 3895 voltage said he had 3600lbs hitch weight, there was another one in the park being pulled by a gmc and he had little to no squat. He v wasn't a happy camper. Question are the new units suppose to come with a owners manual?

Thanks Pete.

All new units are to be shipped with an Owners Manual. They're pretty generic. You may download one here from Heartland's product website or request (877-262-8032) one be mailed to you.