New 2016 Bighorn 3750 Front Living

golfrichv

Hello, my wife and I are about to take delivery sometime in Jan. of a new 2016 Bighorn 3750 FL. We are excited, any tips, pointers or suggestions out there. This is our second 5th wheel.

Last edited by a moderator:

jimtoo

Hi golfrichv,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

When you go for delivery just be sure you do a really good, slow PDI to make sure everything works and you can work everything.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit when you get it.

Jim M

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
congratulations on your new "condo on wheels". Enjoy and travel safely.

'Lil Guy'

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your choice of new coaches. Now comes the long wait. Post back when you get it and put up some pics. X2 on what Jim says about the PDI and the HOC. Hope to meet you down the road. Enjoy that new rig when you get it.

donr827

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your choice of new coaches. Now comes the long wait. Post back when you get it and put up some pics. X2 on what Jim says about the PDI and the HOC. Hope to meet you down the road. Enjoy that new rig when you get it.

I will add one thing. If you notice anything that needs adjusting or fixed have it done before you sign and pay. Work will get done much quicker.
Don

AAdams

Most dealers will walk you through and want to sell more things to you during the walk through.... like a new pin box, awning toppers, etc... the person walking you through can not tell you what every switch is for. Then they will want have you sign and send you on your way. Once their walk through is over just tell them you are going to check EVERYTHING out and you will be in later.. Take your time, it should take several hours to go over and look at everything. Be sure there is water available and power. If it isn't hooked up, tell them you will need it hooked up to test it, before you sign anything. Always ask for a morning appointment to pick up your unit. If you are forced to a afternoon one, let them know you will want to stay on their lot overnight to check it all out and will need to have a water, electric hookup before taking delivery.

We showed up to the dealer the day before our scheduled pickup day. They had the unit in the shop doing all the prep work ( 3 techs were working on the unit ) and some minor repairs that they had found when they were checking the unit out. This let us know that they actually did test and do a full prep to the unit. When the walk through was completed our dealer, they said the acceptance is on the kitchen table, after you go through the unit, if everything is fine you can sign the acceptance, if something is wrong, let us know and we will take care of it.

Bottom line, take your time. It's YOUR money, YOUR investment.

Did the dealer catch everything? Did we catch everything? Answer is no. But, that is why we bought a Heartland... They have stood behind the product and took care of all our needs since the purchase.

brianlajoie

My wife and I took 5 hours a piece to do the walk through. We broke it into 2 parts: 3 hours on everything we could do without dealer help and 2 hours on dealer walk through on how things work. The dealer was ok with this and we found 1 problem with a TV HMDI cable getting caught on the frame that rises up and down. Small problems and tv fixed before we bought the tralier. So long as you ask to do stuff on your own before the official walkthrough, I would think you should be able to take as long as you need. Remember they want your money, let them earn it.

golfrichv

Thanks so much for the reply. I find it very helpful. Rich

- - - Updated - - -

Great information. Thanks so much. Rich

- - - Updated - - -

Super information, very helpful. thanks a bunch ! Rich

- - - Updated - - -

Condo on wheels I like that we will post some pic's ASAP.