New 2017 super duty numbers....DROOL!!

SNOKING

I have always thought the Denali is a sharp looker!!...not sure bout the new front ends....and hopefully the genius engineers moved the def tank!...I really considered a Denali when I bought my platinum...the ford engine/tranny combo has my loyatly....until it dont....I'm not THAT loyal...

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

"the ford engine/tranny combo has my loyatly." I would be more concerned about warranty then the failure. GM seems to cover CP4.2 failures without question, where as Ford is noted as trying to blame the user and the fuel they put in the tank.

Chris

IronJ

I have seen/ heard that a lot but yet to ever personally know of or meet anyone who has had a fuel pump failure..

As I have alluded to before, the failures were deemed a lubricity issue as us diesel didn't have the same specs as the foreign diesel Bosch specd the pump for...but I always run 5% bio and/or add cetane, so I feel pretty confident I won't suffer that fate (Also, the majority of issues were with model 11/12 trucks. The pumps and turbo were upgraded for 15..

Alas, my dealer is a client of mine and given the business my family gives them ( 8 new vehicles in last 2 years including a raptor, ford gt, kr cobra and 3 new Super duties) they are pretty lenient with me...and my tuck is even tuned!!..so that has a lot to do with my ford choice too...it's not really an apples to apples comparison....

IronJ

When can I win the lottery so I can have both trucks. :cool:
If I won the lotto I'd have one of em all!!..

Unfortunantly my wife is already saying that if I want a new one I gotta sacrifice one/some of my other toys/vehicles

Anyone want a decked out lifted golf cart??..razer???..lol..

IronJ

Kenworth....lol

And actually my dealer had a (mack package) platinum dually on their lot for a mere 102k msrp...lol...it was basically a lift, wheels/tires, amp steps, and color matched bits n pieces...

And they have sold 2-3!!!!..

Last edited:

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

After seeing this and doing a bunch of research this last week. I ordered my new ford today.
I ordered a 2017 F 350 DWR Platinum package.
It will be here the end of September or first of October. I'm just hoping it will be here before our Vegas rally. If not I'll have to pick it up on our way to Jackson.
Wish me luck.

I have been a GMC fan all of my life, almost 50 years. I have had many GM vehicles 3 of them were the Duramax pickups, 2003-2500 SWR, 2006-3500 DRW & 2008-3500 DWR loved every one of them. I have been waiting for GM to release so info on the 2017 3500 truck and they are still tight lipped.

After I seen this post on this forum about the new 2017 Ford F350 and thought I would check it out.
here's the website
https://www.ford.com/trucks/superduty/2017/#

Here are just some of the goodies that sucked me in.

1) 440 HP
2) 925 Foot pounds of torque
3) Get this one a 48 gallon fuel tank with the 8' bed. YES 48 gallons I had to ask 3 times to make sure. 48 gallons WOW I'm going to love that
4) 8 cameras. 6 that gives you a 360 degree view around the truck 1 in the bed for hitching and 1 on the rear of the trailer (with the trailer package)
5) Up to 6 trailer tire TPMS sensors (with the package) This reads out in the dash screen
6) Adaptive cruse control
7) A 6 aux switch cluster in the head liner
8) Full cab panoramic sun roof
9) the cab is 3" wider and I think it was 4" or 5" longer lots more leg room in the back seat
10) heated & cooled massaging front seats
11) heated rear seats
12) 27.5K Reese fithwheel hitch
13) Goose neck ball hitch
14) Exhaust brake
15) Bigger Axles
16) Bigger brakes
17) All Aluminum body & cab
18) The cockpit is awesome
Lots more
I love bell's and whistles and this thing is full of them.

It's going to be a long wait.

Last edited:

IronJ

After seeing this and doing a bunch of research this last week. I ordered my new ford today.
It will be here the end of September or first of October. I'm just hoping it will be here before our Vegas rally. If not I'll have to pick it up on our way to Jackson.
Wish me luck.

I have been a GMC fan all of my life, almost 50 years. I have had many GM vehicles 3 of them were the Duramax pickups, 2003-2500 DWR, 2006-3500 DRW & 2008-3500 DWR loved every one of them. I have been waiting for GM to release so info on the 2017 3500 truck and they are still tight lipped.

After I seen this post on this forum about the new 2017 Ford F350 and thought I would check it out.
here's the website

1) 440 HP
3) Get this one a 48 gallon fuel tank with the 8' bed. YES 48 gallons I had to ask 3 times to make sure. 48 gallons WOW I'm going to love that
4) 8 cameras. 6 that gives you a 360 degree view around the truck 1 in the bed for hitching and 1 on the rear of the trailer (with the trailer package)
5) Up to 6 trailer tire TPMS sensors (with the package) This reads out in the dash screen
9) the cab is 3" wider and I think it was 4" or 5" longer lots more leg room in the back seat
11) heated rear seats
14) Exhaust brake
15) Bigger Axles
16) Bigger brakes
Lots more

Your my hero!!..can't wait to hear from a real world user how that amazing beast pulls!!..

Out of curiosity what axle did you get...I hear there is no longer a 4.30?

3.55 and 4.10..??

As much as I wanna bite the bullet I can't bring myself to order a job 1 truck....call me superstitious...lol..I think a 2018 or 19 will be in my stable for sure!!

IronJ

I have the 3.55 in my srw ...as it is tuned it produces similar if not slightly better hp/tq numbers....now mind you it came stock with 20" rims and 34.2 " tall tires...the duallys will not except for maybe a 450 with 19.5...

My current dually has the 4.30 gears and is tuned as well putting down 500+ hp to the rear and right at 900ft/lb....when I have the stock 17" wheels on with 32.5 inch tires it's a scary pulling beast!!!..with larger 35" tires there is a perceptible loss...

I know ford has updated the axles for 2017 but I wonder if new ratios were selected because of the increased torque or for mileage??

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

They have done a ton of testing so I hope they have it figured out.
My last 2 Duramax pickups have been bone stock. They are pulling machines and they aren't even close to what this Ford is claiming.
I can't wait to try it out.
I'm hoping I can take may foot out of it a little more now and get better mileage.
I will definitely get back to you on that one.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

IronJ

They have done a ton of testing so I hope they have it figured out.
My last 2 Duramax pickups have been bone stock and are pulling machines and they sent even close to what this Ford is claiming.
I can't wait to try it out.
I'm hoping I can take may foot out of it a little more now and get better mileage.
I will definitely get back to you on that one.

Ford has knocked it out of the park with the new 6.7 . So it only stands to reason any improvements to the drive train coupled with the new frame/body will make an exceptional truck the others will be scrambling to match. ..

Im really interested in the technology side of it...I'm perfectly content with the pulling ability of my current setup..I've said it many times, but all of the big 3 make a great towing platform..the difference is way the ford handles it and delivers the towing experience...it's on another level...

This new truck will and IS setting the standard all others will shoot for..

I'm excited and your the one getting a new truck!! Lol

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

LOL I just hope they have all of the bugs out of it so I don't find any.
They are claiming 12 million miles of tuff testing so hopefully it ready for me to enjoy.

Bones

Wish me luck.

I have been a GMC fan all of my life, almost 50 years. I have had many GM vehicles 3 of them were the Duramax pickups, 2003-2500 DWR, 2006-3500 DRW & 2008-3500 DWR loved every one of them. I have been waiting for GM to release so info on the 2017 3500 truck and they are still tight lipped.

here's the website

1) 440 HP
11) heated rear seats
14) Exhaust brake
15) Bigger Axles
16) Bigger brakes
Lots more

Congratulations Jerrod. Please do circle back and let us know. I'm Banned from any new vehicle from the DW.

- - - Updated - - -

I have the 3.55 in my srw ...as it is tuned it produces similar if not slightly better hp/tq numbers....now mind you it came stock with 20" rims and 34.2 " tall tires...the duallys will not except for maybe a 450 with 19.5...

My current dually has the 4.30 gears and is tuned as well putting down 500+ hp to the rear and right at 900ft/lb....when I have the stock 17" wheels on with 32.5 inch tires it's a scary pulling beast!!!..with larger 35" tires there is a perceptible loss...

I know ford has updated the axles for 2017 but I wonder if new ratios were selected because of the increased torque or for mileage??

IronJ. If you get bigger rims and keep right around the same overall tire diameter do you loose performance towing?

IronJ

Congratulations Jerrod. Please do circle back and let us know. I'm Banned from any new vehicle from the DW.

- - - Updated - - -

IronJ. If you get bigger rims and keep right around the same overall tire diameter do you loose performance towing?
If you change the tire diameter you change the effective rear end FINAL ratio.

So yes if you keep the same overall height tire the wheel is irrelevent...

BUT if you go to a wider and much heavier tire you add rolling resistance AND rotating mass....

So even at same height it will affect performance.

SNOKING

I sought out a dealer stocked truck with 18" rims and tires, as every time you go larger, replacement tires cost more. On the RAMs the 20's are the same diameter and weight rating as the 18's.

Chris

IronJ

I sought out a dealer stocked truck with 18" rims and tires, as every time you go larger, replacement tires cost more. On the RAMs the 20's are the same diameter and weight rating as the 18's.

Chris
Especially when you gotta buy 6!!