New 2017 super duty numbers....DROOL!!

Carleen

Ford has knocked it out of the park with the new 6.7 . So it only stands to reason any improvements to the drive train coupled with the new frame/body will make an exceptional truck the others will be scrambling to match. ..

Im really interested in the technology side of it...I'm perfectly content with the pulling ability of my current setup..I've said it many times, but all of the big 3 make a great towing platform..the difference is way the ford handles it and delivers the towing experience...it's on another level...

I am so glad to hear someone acknowledge Ford for the 6.7. They took a huge risk and made an enormous investment to build it. I love mine and am always researching the technology they introduced to make it better.

Carleen
2011 Ford F-350 6.7
2011 Big Horn 3585RL

IronJ

They really didn't have a choice...after the dismal reception of the 6.4 and 6.0 it was do or die for ford.....they could not afford another miss..

So they followed the old addage so many of us do...

If you want it done right do it yourself...lol..

I would have never went back to ford for a hauler had they not developed the 6.7. It's a great piece of effort and technology given the handcuffs the epa puts on them...

Ans WITHOUT the epa stuff....yeah...holy moly batman!!

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

Power247

.........Ans WITHOUT the epa stuff....yeah...holy moly batman!!

This true for all the modern diesels. My Cummins is a completely different animal after its weight loss plan

Greg
2012 | 2500 | CCSB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel

porthole

Retired
I have seen/ heard that a lot but yet to ever personally know of or meet anyone who has had a fuel pump failure..

We have a member here on the forum that had a failure and no coverage from Ford. Life long Ford customers and family that worked for Ford, and still not help.

IronJ

I guess I missed that post...and that's pretty crappy if ford denied them with no reason/inspection...like I said I have heard of it happening....but given the numbers of 6.7 on the road its just not something I have personally seen happen ..that said I stand by my opinion that ford had the best towing product on the market...but has not always nor may always....it is what it is

JanAndBill

1800 miles on our 2016. I can tell you that 440 hp and 900ft lbs of torque makes for really nice towing. Set the cruise at 65, turn on the E brake, and ride up hill and Donna.

SNOKING

I guess I missed that post...and that's pretty crappy if ford denied them with no reason/inspection...like I said I have heard of it happening....but given the numbers of 6.7 on the road its just not something I have personally seen happen ..that said I stand by my opinion that ford had the best towing product on the market...but has not always nor may always....it is what it is

However they are now playing catch up (with 2017 models) to the frame improvements RAM made in 2013 to their 3500's. Chris

IronJ

Yeah..will be interesting to see what the others do to align with ford's new package...the hp /tq numbers are pretty close....and let's be honest, for all the bashing gm does on the aluminum, they will be aluminum as well by 18 model year...

In any case , we the consumers are the winners!!..well until the medium duty truck cost 95k .....Base price!!! Lol

Power247

Boy, getting deep in here now LOL!😎

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

IronJ

Getting?..nah when we hit page 20 on this thread and someone gets booty hurt over someone else's Internet comment and leaves the forum forever in a storm of keyboard dust...

THEN it's deep!!...hahaha

avvidclif

Catchup to what? Surely you're not trying to say Dodge. A great motor in a 50k life mi piece of junk. The newer ones may be better but don't go back 10-20 yrs.

SNOKING

Catchup to what? Surely you're not trying to say Dodge. A great motor in a 50k life mi piece of junk. The newer ones may be better but don't go back 10-20 yrs.

What I was saying is the basic under pinning of the F250/F350 have not changed in 18 years or so, as both GM and RAM have upgraded their frames. Facts are just that. 2017 is a first real major redo in that many years, bringing it up to date with what the others have been doing.

Last edited:

alexb2000

I am a truck person. I've probably owned over 100 trucks. I have owned every major brand multiple times.

I believe the competition and constant leap frogging has been an unbelievable asset to truck owners.

Do you guys remember when GM kept the SAME basic truck from 1973 to 1986?

We have gone in one generation, from a world where A/C in a truck was unheard of, to a level of luxury car refinement.

Sure makes truck shopping fun.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

I don't know . . .

Over the years I've owned five Dodge trucks, three Ford trucks, and one Chevy truck (current) . . .

And I have to say that I had great luck with all of my Dodges . . . Ford not so great luck (two out of three the biggest pieces of junk I've ever owned) . . . and my Chevy so far so good!

However, I may give Ford another shot when the time comes for a new one . . . but that won't be for a few years.