New 2017 super duty numbers....DROOL!!

justafordguy

I agree there are prob better options...but when dealing with ford and their warranty brigade its best to stick with motorcraft parts and fluids... the only thing that I ran not ford while I was under warranty was the oil (rotella t6)and my intake/air filter (s&b)

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

There have been a bunch of independent test done for additive lubricity and Optilube is always in the top few (usually just below Bio-Diesel) for lubricating ability but you are right about Ford being picky when it comes to warranty work. Sometimes it's just better to play their game until the warranty is gone. ;)

IronJ

There have been a bunch of independent test done for additive lubricity and Optilube is always in the top few (usually just below Bio-Diesel) for lubricating ability but you are right about Ford being picky when it comes to warranty work. Sometimes it's just better to play their game until the warranty is gone. ;)
And i did...but now i run what i feel is best...and i took off the stupid def/dpf/egr/ccv crap that ruins your engine while i was at it...lol

https://vimeo.com/193422995

SNOKING

Wasn't water or DEF in the fuel. I got a reduced power message and took to the dealer. Ford is very tight with approving this type of warranty repair. The whole top of the engine was disassembled and pictures were taken of the internals of the HPFP and samples of fuel were taken from the tank. They were looking for white crystals (DEF) or rust (water). Be sure to take a sample of fuel from the frame mounted fuel filter monthly. Use a quart glass jar and let the sample settle overnight. I always keep my fuel receipts, they had a rash of water in diesel around here, Baton Rouge area. Some folks went back on the station and had their repair cost picked up by the
distributer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While Ford is noted for pushing back on CP4-2 warranty claims, GM has silently took care of them. Now GM for 2017 is going with a Denso Japanese brand injection pump. Time will tell if it is a better pump. Chris

The problem lies in fuel quality. The original pump was designed for #1 diesel which is rare to see. I did fill up with some in Northeastern Iowa, mileage went up running it. Not many takers for it according to the station manager. I just wanted to run some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KenandKK

I see Ford Super Duty was just awarded Motor Trend Truck of the Year. That's something to be proud of, for sure!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Bones

And i did...but now i run what i feel is best...and i took off the stupid def/dpf/egr/ccv crap that ruins your engine while i was at it...lol

https://vimeo.com/193422995

Dog gone ItonJ.. That makes me want to delete mine. I've got 2 weeks on reading to catch up on here. Does it put any black smoke out?

IronJ

Lol...delete is best thing ive done..the minimaxx im running (for now ill get to that in a sec)
Has adjustable low rpm fueling from 1-5...on 1 there is hardly ANY noticable smoke except a wisp on hard launch...on 5 it will ROLL COAL big time...im running it on 2 and it hardly will smoke at all unless you dig on throttle hard at very low rpm...shifting is very nice also...obviously it smells like a diesel now too..

Buuuuuut in the nature of being me i found this

ea0b7ebfcf7fcd2fe8e258835a84eab0.jpg

It enables you to mount an ipad mini in the dash...

So yep...i got a new ipad mini on the way along with the dash mount...

I will be using the ipad as my tuner as well wirh the ppei ez lynk ....

Soooooo...if you wanna tune i have a week old minimaxx tuner for sale?..lol..?? Make you a good deal!!!haha...

Bones

Lol...delete is best thing ive done..the minimaxx im running (for now ill get to that in a sec)
Has adjustable low rpm fueling from 1-5...on 1 there is hardly ANY noticable smoke except a wisp on hard launch...on 5 it will ROLL COAL big time...im running it on 2 and it hardly will smoke at all unless you dig on throttle hard at very low rpm...shifting is very nice also...obviously it smells like a diesel now too..

Buuuuuut in the nature of being me i found this

ea0b7ebfcf7fcd2fe8e258835a84eab0.jpg

It enables you to mount an ipad mini in the dash...

So yep...i got a new ipad mini on the way along with the dash mount...

I will be using the ipad as my tuner as well wirh the ppei ez lynk ....

Soooooo...if you wanna tune i have a week old minimaxx tuner for sale?..lol..?? Make you a good deal!!!haha...

Hmmm

IronJ

Yep...imma bad influence like that

Bones

Yep...imma bad influence like that

I had a chip in the corvette once then it went bad after 5 years. And yes your a fine institution as to what I already think of the emissions crap. If it didn't have so many issues and grenade engines I wouldn't have a problem with it.

IronJ

Thats whats nice about the shift on the fly tuners...you can run stock with just delete tuning...or pop over to tow when you have trailer...push of the button..i hardly ever run the others as its not a race truck and i want to keep it aroubd...

Now my 03 cobra....yeah...thats a diff story!! Lol

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Very nice set up
Not sure how it would work with the fithwheel and gooseneck hitch.
It would definitely have to be modified around it all.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk